iPhone is Disabled? How to Fix With or Without Connecting to iTunes

Feb 26, 2016 - 102 Comments

iPhone is disabled try again error message, what happened and how to fix it

Have you ever picked up your iPhone to discover the message “iPhone is disabled” and to “try again in 1 minute” or to try again 5, 15, 60 minutes? In the worst scenarios, the message says “iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes”, and the device is unusable until then. So, what is going on here, why is the iPhone disabled? And how do you fix it so that you can use the iPhone again? The answers to these questions are usually straight forward, let’s review the causes of this message, and more importantly, the solutions to this so that you can unlock and re-enable the iPhone again for full use.

Why is My iPhone Disabled?

A locked iPhone requires a passcode or Touch ID to enter and access the device as a security precaution. After the iPhone passcode has been incorrectly entered five times in a row, the iPhone will automatically disable itself for 1 minute, giving the “iPhone is disabled” error message on screen. The obvious solution in this case is to wait for the minute (or several) to pass and then enter the correct passcode to unlock the iPhone and get around the disabled message. In the future, just enter the proper passcode in the first place and you’ll avoid this message and the lock out period.

You may find it interesting to know how many incorrect passcode entries are required to disable the iPhone for a particular amount of time and to get the accompanying message, that information is as follows:

• 5 incorrect passcode entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 1 minute
  • 7 incorrect entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 5 minutes
  • 8 incorrect entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 15 minutes
  • 9 incorrect entries in a row – iPhone is disabled, try again in 60 minutes
  • 10 incorrect passcode entries – iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes (or the iPhone wipes itself of all data if self-destruct mode is turned on)

Waiting a minute isn’t too bad, but waiting many minutes to an hour is inconvenient, as is connecting to iTunes to enable the iPhone again. Let’s further understand this issue to avoid it in the future, and going further we’ll show you how to get around the disabled message.

But I didn’t try to unlock my iPhone, so why does it say it is disabled?

In some situations, you didn’t actually try to unlock an iPhone and you didn’t (intentionally) enter a wrong passcode, but the iPhone says it is disabled anyway. How does this happen? The two most common reasons for an iPhone to seemingly lock itself out are pockets and people. Let’s discuss the two.

The pocket disable: Inadvertently disabling an iPhone in a pocket is surprisingly common! This typically happens to iPhone users who keep their iPhones in a pocket that they also use for their hands, often hip jacket pockets, the hoodie pouch pocket, or front pants pockets for example. Because the iPhone screens slide to unlock feature can be swiped from anywhere on the screen, it’s fairly common to accidentally activate that screen, then enter into the passcode entry screen while the iPhone is a pocket with a hand or two, and perhaps unbeknownst to you, enter a passcode a few times to accidentally trigger the lockout. I’ve had this happen to myself while twirling an iPhone in a pocket out of boredom, and I recently watched a friend accidentally disable their iPhone while searching the same iPhone-holding pocket for money to pay at a food cart. This happens surprisingly often if you keep an iPhone in a busy pocket or put your hands in your pockets often.

The person disable: There are two types of person interaction that can disable the iPhone, intentional passcode entry of someone trying to guess your passcode and then disabling it as they fail – usually a fairly obvious scenario. And the other type, the unintentional passcode entry, usually triggered by a young child. That latter scenario is extremely common with parents and caretakers with young children, who may fiddle with, tap on, and swipe around on an iPhone screen that is otherwise locked. The parent or caregiver often thinks nothing of it since the iPhone is locked with a passcode or Touch ID, but nonetheless the kid often finds a way onto the passcode entry screen (it’s only a swipe away after all), enters the wrong password repeatedly as they tap on the screen, and then the device becomes locked out with the “iPhone is disabled” message.

Unlocking iPhone Stuck on “iPhone is Disabled, Try Again in X Minutes”

Want to unlock an iPhone stuck on the disabled screen? You have to wait for the time to pass, then enter the proper passcode.

If you can’t wait, or if you don’t know the passcode, you have to put the iPhone into recovery mode and restore it.

Those are the the only two options.

Fixing “iPhone is Disabled. Connect to iTunes”

This is the worst scenario for an iPhone being disabled because it requires you to connect the iPhone to a computer to gain access to it again. Hopefully you made a backup recently to that computer, and hopefully you remember the actual passcode for the iPhone, otherwise you’ll have to erase the device and lose all data on it. Yes really. Yet another reason frequent device backups are important.

iPhone is disabled error message and how to fix it

If you know the iPhone passcode and have backed it up recently, you can simply unlock the device with iTunes though it requires a restore:

1. Connect the iPhone to a computer it has synced to before with a USB cable and launch iTunes
  2. Choose “Sync” in iTunes and enter the proper passcode when requested to unlock the device, this backs up the iPhone to the computer
  3. Choose “Restore” to restore the iPhone from the most recent backup

If you don’t know the iPhone passcode, you have to wipe the iPhone clean and it will erase all data using recovery mode. The instructions on resetting a forgotten iPhone passcode are here. If you made a backup to iTunes or iCloud, you can restore it after the fact to that backup.

iPhone recovery mode

If you do not know the iPhone passcode and you do not have a backup, the data on the iPhone will be erased and lost forever. There is no way around that, not even Apple can unlock an iPhone and access the data in such a situation. Thus, the lesson is don’t forget a device passcode, and always keep regular backups!

How do I avoid iPhone being disabled from incorrect passcode entry in the future?

To prevent this from happening in the future you have a few options. The easiest is to simply not enter the wrong passcode repeatedly, which will prevent the iPhone from locking up and disabling itself. Duh, right? Since that’s not always an option, another choice is to enable complex passcodes, since they require a longer character string be entered before the password is rejected. Keeping the iPhone in a different pocket, or out of reach of someone who is intentionally or accidentally entering passcodes is also a good idea. And finally, as we’ve already mentioned several times, always make regular backups of the device, just in case you do have to restore it to regain access.

Know of any other useful information about a disabled iPhone, or how to get around the disabled warning dialogs? Let us know in the comments.

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in iPad, iPhone, Tips & Tricks, Troubleshooting

1. Josiah McGurty says:

Thank you for sharing all the possibilities for unlocking the iPhone after displaying ‘Phone is disabled’ message erroneously. I found the advice straight-forward, easy to follow.

2. Vinay says:

Is there any settings on iphone which can disable iphone wake up when it is inside pocket?

• grump says:

Unfortunately no, and since Jony Ive and Co decided to make the entire screen swipe to unlock, as opposed to the direct swipe to unlock bar that existed with Forstall and Co, everyone accidentally unlocks the iPhone in their pocket all the time. Hooray for form over function!

All joking aside, my Iphone has been disabled from the pocket on more occasions than I’d be happy with.

3. Jeff says:

My phone isn’t disabled but iTunes doesn’t see it.. Keeps telling me to update iTunes which is already the latest version.

4. Alex says:

“Hopefully you made a backup recently to that computer, and hopefully you remember the actual passcode for the iPhone, otherwise you’ll have to erase the device and lose all data on it.”

Well, I’ve heard a case where a father owns the iPhone of his recently passed son, and despite he has his thumb recorded with the Touch ID, once the iPhone has been turned off, the Touch ID does not work anymore and the iPhone requests the passcode that, unfortunately, this father ignores.

The problem is that he wants to recover the last pictures he and his son took before his son passed, but he is unable to do that.

This father called Apple just to hear that they are able just to recover the iPhone itself but not the data that will be lost.

In other words, ok the privacy, ok the security, but what about a parent that would like to recover the last memories of his son?

I think that Apple should create a “mater password” recovery system that only the parents of a minor can manage.

• Prob Dob says:

Alex, if a parent wants access to a childs iPhone, they should have the passcode. The parent bought the iPhone, it’s the parents iPhone, they should have access to it. That should be worked out between the parents and children. Software should not be compromised to account for obscure scenarios because it will inevitably be abused by unintended actors or states. Any time a ‘master password’ recovery option exists it will be abused. It will not be limited to your case scenario. What would stop the iPhone being accessed in a divorce? What about an estranged partner? What circumstances are ok to access and not ok to? What would be stop the iPhone being accessed in a civil or criminal case? What would stop a foreign intelligence service from accessing all iPhones that way? What would stop hackers from finding the master password to access everyones iPhone they want? Nothing would stop it, that’s the point. You can’t create a hole in software and limit it, it becomes accessible to anyone with the means to discover it, which often includes some 13 year old hacker in some foreign country who wants to dig around in your personal documents for fun.

The current case of Apple v FBI regarding the San Bernadino mass shooter iPhone is this idea in a nutshell. If that backdoor is opened, everyone and everything will rush through it, it will not be limited to the FBI for a single case because it can’t possibly be, who knows what other bad guys would find the same backdoor quickly and start using it immediately for who knows what purpose. That’s just how software works. It’s a Pandoras box you don’t want to open. Keep things secure. Once you start creating intentional backdoors in encryption it will be demanded for everyone, then suddenly your banking transactions are no longer secure.

The iPhone disables itself to prevent abuse and hacking, it’s a security feature.

• JimBob says:

Yep. This summarizes the reason for no “master password” solution nicely and how to avoid it with a child. And it is exactly what the FBI v. Apple is all about. And Apple is correctly fighting this precisely because it would both set a precedent and create a hole.

5. Jorgebob28 says:

My cat has fiddled with the phone and I’ve found it in the “phone is disabled” mode. Now I leave the phone face side down when I’m away from it as to not tempt the cat.

6. drandel says:

Yeah, pocket swipe lockout is a problem. I’ve started using a sleeve, and I haven’t had a problem with a disabled phone since. I wasn’t keen on the idea of a sleeve, but I’ve gotten used to it now and hardly think about it.

7. Patty says:

F Apple. I just had this happen and could NOT use my iPhone to call the hospital for my son who was stung by a bee and is allergic. Apple isn’t even willing to help stop terrorism in this country. Very sad. I am buying an Android phone tomorrow. Apple is sadly unAmerican and missing the boat. Cheers. P.S. – Luckily, my son is going to be OK.

8. Phil Somervell says:

I got the “iPhone Disabled, try again in 60 minutes” message just as I hung up from a long phone call. No swipe, no password entry, nothing. What could be going on?

• Annie says:

I hope someone can answer this question, as the same thing happened to me this morning. I am guessing that my face came into contact with the number buttons on the phone while I was on the phone, which the phone registered as repeated attempts to unlock it. Hopefully someone who knows a lot about this sort of thing can say whether that is a plausible scenario.

9. shannon says:

my iphone 5 has disables itself and says connect to itunes and reset it but when i try to restore it it takes to long for recovery mode

10. V says:

My phone died, I plugged it in to charge it, when the screen popped up it won’t accept my passcode and I am using the one I set up and entering it correctly. Assuming I’ll have to reset and lose everything?

11. Brad says:

Hey guys,

So I’m travelling through South America and as a backup my brother gave me his old phone. Didn’t realise after 10 incorrect passwords the iPhone would disable so tried 10 different ones over the lock out period (pass codes like his birthday and old pins). He recently gave me the password out of being out of contact for a while yet the iPhone is displaying the feared “iPhone disabled, connect to iTunes”. The issue here is that I’m miles from home and a computer the iPhone will recognise. So am I screwed or is there anyway I can fix this issues? Can I use anyone’s computer and iTunes to simply wipe and reset the phone? (Just want it for photos to take out on nights out or dodgy areas where I might loose it or get mugged). It’s an old iPhone 4. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers guys!

B

• gassed says:

Yes you should be able to connect the iPhone to any computer with iTunes and reset it, it will clear the device though by erasing everything on it, that’s the big issue, and you will need the proper passcode of course.

Good luck, and enjoy your travel!

• Brianna says:

I tried this, and it keeps telling me to unlock the phone for it to restore itself

• Ker says:

I accidentally disabled my daughters iPhone 5. Didn’t realize how many wrong pass odes I entered trying to fix her wifi while fixing my laptop. We’ve connected it to iTunes but it just keeps saying to follow prompt on iPhone and there is none!!! It won’t locate because the wifi is off and iTunes keeps saying “next time your phone connects to wifi…”
        This is very frustrating!!!!

12. alx says:

Sorry to correct an otherwise fine article, but there is yet another way.
    Some people don’t have access to a computer, so they can use the Find my iPhone app on another iPad or iPhone, as follows:
    1. in the Find iPhone app, sign in with the iCloud account that the Passcode-locked device is signed in with,
    2. find the device in question and select ‘Erase iPhone’ (this will attempt to wipe the device and place it in Lost Mode),
    3. after the wipe has begun, you’ll need to remove the Lost Mode, but selecting ‘Remove’ (in the same Find iPhone app),
    4. the iPhone will then start up again in the Setup Assistant, and you can either set it up as new or restore from a backup.

13. william oliver says:

bought a I phone 6s and befour I could use it the phone it became disabled please help

14. Atul srivastav says:

I haven’t icloud I’d plz tell me how can I unlock my iphone5s ….without icloud I’d plzzzzzzz

15. Jennifer young says:

My iPhone says “iPhone is disabled please connect to iTunes ” but I don’t have a computer to do so … so how can I fix it .. PLEASE HELP ME

16. Usman Qureshy says:

Hi,

My iphone 6s is not recognizing my pass-code and I know I’m using the right pass-code.

even its not recognizing my finger prints.

now its disabled .

How can I get it back.

Thanks

• Zaima says:

Same thing has happened to me. I tried to download Itunes on my realy old computer but it wouldnt, since it is not updated. Now im in a huge mess of what i should do.

17. hadim says:

My iPhone is disabled and I don have computer how to restore

18. Braxton says:

My ipod says it’s disabled try again in 25,458,128 minutes. I’ve never seen this happen. What could be causing this>? Also, I’ve hooked it up to iTunes and it says it has 4hrs remaining. Does it really take that long to fix it.

19. Lara says:

Phone says it is disabled and connect to iTunes. I connect to iTunes and a box pops up saying “iTunes could not connect to iphone “iphone” because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iphone before it can be used with iTunes”. Well I cannot unlock it because it no longer gives me that option. What do I do???

20. Josh says:

Good advice! You should also let others know if they restore a backup, that passcode they forgot may well be on the backup too, creating the same issue again.

21. khin aung aung says:

my iphone 5s was disable due to its screen stuck.will i need to repair the screen first ?we have no apple store,could u give me any advice?

22. austyn johnson says:

my ipad air 2 is disabled says try again in 26 years and it won’t let me use find my iphone app on another ios device to erase it sayi it will come and do that next time it comes online and don’t have a computer and no apple store nearby what to do about it.

23. Iffath says:

Hello,
    My iPhone 5s got disabled due to my brother and now that I have restored it, I need some contacts off it.
    I don’t have the PC to which the iPhone is synced and I restored it using my laptop.
    How do I get the contacts now? Is everything lost?
    I reallllly need the contact. It’s very important.
    The iPhone was backed up on the PC a couple of times and I don’t know how I can actually get it on my laptop. I’m in an other country and the PC’s back home.
    I don’t know what to do. Please help.
    I tried finding the file on my PC using TeamViewer but, is there anyway I can connect the iPhone to the iTunes on the PC through TeamViewer even though I’m staying in an other country?

24. dee says:

I bought a iphone 4s from somebody online it says its disabled is there any way of undisabling it to a computer it.hasnt been synced.to???

• Iffath says:

You’ll have to restore it using iTunes.
      When it does restore, it becomes a new iPhone as it loses all of it’s data and files.
      But at one point during the setting up, it asks for the Apple ID used to set up the iPhone when it was first bought.
      For that you need to know the Apple ID and Password of the seller.
      This is where I’m currently stuck. My little brother disabled my iPhone and had locked my Apple ID.
      If you know the Apple ID and Pass of the seller, things are as easy as pie! :)
      I’m glad I could help!

25. dark moon says:

it really helps me to unlock my phone i was dishearted and everyone told me that my deta would be deleted but i saved my all deta even apps too same as previous really love iphone <3

26. Salim hossain says:

Hi, I have iphone5s, I never connect it to any computer ,now unfortunately it get disable I want to know how to make it restore?

27. Robin Charest says:

Hi, I bought a I Phone 6 on Facebook and I tryed to get it to work and it says iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes.
    Will that work?
    I don’t have any special codes or anything. My first apple idem.
    Please help. Thanks.

28. Julie says:

I bought an ipad off a yard sale site it says its disabled commect to itunes i dont know the person so i dont know email or password and dont have the computer it was set up on is there anything i can do to fix it….help

29. zamuxolo goniwe says:

Help me please the of wafe give my wafe iPhone now want pin of iPhone .iPhone sad locked sim I don’t known what I can I do boss of my wage is overseas now

30. SteveA says:

I’m a newbie to smartphones. Never used an apple device B4. My Mother got two free iphone SE’s via Sprint along with a 2yr contract. The phones were free with the plan offered.

Well. I don’t like reading directions – from a book. So, began working with the new phone which walked me thru the new phone setup. I mapped in my thumbprint and entered another 8 to 10-passwords and answers to other security questions. Such as your favorite pet’s name, your school, friends, etc. I looked thru the phone fiddling with the camera and video. Looked thru the settings. All I REMEMBER changing was text size. I did not call anyone or add any phone numbers. Nor did I download anything or go to any websites. In fact, I never found the App Home Page. It gets late and my brain is fried, I put the phone down and go to bed.

When I picked the phone up 10hrs later. I thought at most. All I’d need to do is use it. Was apply my thumbprint.
    Instead of asking for my thumbprint. The phone said it needed my Passcode to gain access to my Thumbprint. WHAT?? How the Heck does a passcode surpass your Thumbprint in being more secure?? Anyway.

Long story short. I’m locked out and told to use iTunes. If I do use iTunes. Will this new phone’s memory be wiped? Will I lose anything?? Such as the Apps already on the phone?? I only took a few pictures, which I do not care about.
    Points here. 1) This phone is new and should know there is nothing of value on it. 2) Before disabling the phone. Why wouldn’t supposed advanced technology at least ask me one of the other security questions I entered?

Lastly. Obviously I entered quite a few Passcodes that did not work. I’d have bet money one of them was the right one. What if I capitalized one letter in a code and forgot. Thus will never get the passcode correct. Will i get an unlimited number of attempts on iTunes or get locked out again? Or, best to take to the store?? Thanks, from HOT North TX

31. zardasht says:

i want to unlock my iphone after it shows disable

32. Lindy says:

THERE MUST BE A WAY TO DECRYPT THE 4 NUMBER PASSCODE

I forgot my iPhone passcode. It is now disabled. I went to the Apple Store and they told be they can’t do anything other than resetting the iPhone ( which will erase everything). They said Apple is not doing any passcode recovery incase it is a stolen phone. But the phone is mine. And it has my apple id, credit card number etc. I can prove that its mine. Please help me, I don’t want to lose my stuff.

• int says:

Go to Apple Store with your proof of purchase showing serial number etc, all of your info, then ask if they can reset the password for you.

In the future, do not forget a passcode. It is impossible to bypass the passcode in most situations, that is the entire point of encryption. Otherwise someone could steal an iPhone and then decrypt the passcode and bypass the disabled iPhone, access all data, sell it, etc. Doesn’t sound so good, right?

33. Zack says:

So does using a previous backup erase current data or allow the current data to be accessed? Ex: Last backup is 6 days ago but I’m on vacation and have taken a lot of photos since. iPhone is disabled, says connect to itunes. If I use a backup does this allow access to the current photos or only the photos from the latest backup

• Zack says:

I don’t want to loose anything, I’d give anything to be able to access those photos. Wish I stopped trying passwords when I knew it would go into disabled mode as soon as I realized I forgot the new passcode I changed during the trip.

• Lindy says:

You can still plug in to iTunes to see if it allows you to back up without entering passcode (auto sync). Unless you could remember the correct passcode, even if its not in the disabled screen the only option is still resetting your iPhone. Apple don’t care if we lose our stuffs, they make sure that there is no possible way for anyone to get your data (through encryption). which is good, but definitely not the best solution for people who don’t back up their phone for many reasons. I just wish they that they make it mandatory to back up our phones or they remove the stupid 10 passcode attempt rule (which they never made it clear).

34. Hridoy says:

I hv iphone 5s…it has icloud lock..i try to open lock via itune…bt my computer accept cable,bt the itune apps cant find the cable…what can i do now????

35. Victoria says:

Nothing works. I have tried everything that I have been able to find for the past 3 days.
    Unable to detect the phone when plugged in. Unable to connect to iTunes. Unable to restore. Unable to complete the master restore. Just locked for 24 million minutes.
    I have really learnt to hate apple products. Charged ridiculous amounts for every small feature/gadget. Having to go and find one of the stores to able to fix a problem that appears to be common is just irritating.

36. Jay says:

I have a apple ipod touch an when I cut on the screen says ipod is disabled
    Connect to iTunes. .I have no iTunes or computer to plug into. . What do I do? ???to reset an use my ipod? ???

37. Pahasara Pathum says:

My iPhone says “iphone is disable”.”connect I tunes ” but I haven’t computer.please help me unlock my phone

38. Kere teboho calvin says:

IPhone just disabled I have to connect on iTunes plz help to unlock this hell of a problem

39. rayyan says:

My iphone 6 plus ia disable i connected to i tunes and download the file of 2 GB but it is no installing in my iphone i’ve tried 7 times but my mobile can’t installing the file…now what can i do…plzz reply me fast

• Chochran Van says:

Your iPhone Plus is disabled, and what? Follow the instructions here on this web page, it fixes iPhone is Disabled message. I have had to fix my iPhone with it, it works fine.

40. javed says:

my if one 5 on disable mode how I can fix it

41. Peter says:

iPhone is disabled don’t know what to do help

42. Peter says:

iPhone 5 is disabled don’t know what to do help

43. emily says:

I let a kid fiddle with mine, and thought the data would be safe since I turned off the auto erase feature. I know my password, and my login, but I didn’t back up because I just use it (4s) as an iPod since I got a new phone and therefore only have games and pictures on it. Even with all the login and passcode, is there really no way to save my pictures once it gets to “disabled, connect to iTunes” ? If so, the ability to turn off the “self destruct data” option creates a huge false sense of security and needs to come with a disclaimer.

• Paul says:

emily, the iPhone is disabled until it is connected to iTunes and the passcode is entered. The data is still there on the iPhone. The data is not removed if you do not have the self destruct feature enabled, the iPhone is just disabled as a security measure until the ownership can be authenticated. Read the article to learn more about how to resolve this, it is a matter of connecting to iTunes and entering the passcode, that unlocks the iPhone and re-enables it again – that turns off the “iPhone is disabled” message.

44. L says:

So I have an iPhone 5 disabled n tried to erase it that way^ signing into the find my iPhone n managed to get that far but the thing is the phone’s wifi is not on? It says it’s got no service? When it should say bell idk please help!

45. Steve says:

Mine says disabled for 3,835 minutes….. will have a go on iTunes… or I could just wait….

• Erina says:

thats about 64 hours. Youre lucky, mines been disabled for 1 month, 5 days!! Please help :(

• Rayane says:

THATS IT!! Lucky you my iphone 4 is disabled for 24,400,000 minutes which is 47 years so i dont know what to do cause in my country we dont have Apple stores! and i have found no solution except for waiting… sigh

46. Melissa says:

My solution is very simple. I just don’t lock my phone using a password. It simply isn’t necessary. I use my laptop for business transactions. I only use my phone for phone calls, texting, taking photos, the map function when I’m driving, other simple stuff, but nothing important that could cause a security risk. If some stranger gets to look at my photographs and also see what friends and family are on my contact list, then I don’t really care. I don’t have anything secretive on my phone. In fact, if I’ve lost my phone, then maybe they’ll call one of my contacts to try to return it.

47. Jenni says:

My son disabled the iPhone somehow, I don’t have a computer to sync it to iTunes. Never have. So now what do I do ??

48. Alaa says:

My iPhone is disabled and gives me message to connect to iTunes. After connecting the iTunes and make the recovery mode it gives me message that there’s no enough space. How can I erase data while the iPhone is disabled?

49. Tevon says:

I have a iPhone 6s that my brother found he tried to figure out the pin and now it says iPhone disabled connect to iTunes but when we connect it itdoesnt let us reboot it because we do not have the Apple id and password what should we do

50. Ashlee says:

My iPhone 5s was disable with connect to iTunes by my 18mo old daughter. I know the passcode to the phone but have not backed it up since before she was born (2yrs+ since) and I no longer have the laptop it was last synced to. The hardest part is losing the pics from her birth to now. PLEASE Help!! Is it at all possible to get it open without deleting all my pics?

• Pablo says:

Yes, wait until the iPhone is Disabled time runs out and you can unlock it with your passcode without losing anything at all. 5 minutes, a few hours, etc, it will tell you on the screen how long the iPhone is disabled for. The iTunes method makes it faster. Take it to an Apple Store too they can help.

51. Jennifer Casteel says:

My Iphone 4 says “Disabled connect to itunes. My 10 yr old son unfortunately locked himself out of it lastnight because he forgot the screen lock code…We have read about how to unlock it except that we do not have a computer to fix it using USB cord. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks,
    Jennifer Casteel

52. Erina says:

I have a HUGE problem. i had my phone OFF “set automatic time” and my little sister was tyring to unlock it. After i got back to my phone and it was fine but i went to settings and turned it ON to “set automatic time” and suddenly it said IPHONE DISABLED COME BACK IN: 1 MONTH, 5 DAYS AND 52 MINUTES!! Can anyone PLEASE help me i do not want to erase my data because i have very special photos on there! Someone please help!!

53. bob says:

I forgot my password. I looked up so many ways on how to fix it but there doesn’t seem to be a way. I am trying to remove my password without losing my data the most simpliest way! Can someone please help me

54. Jimmy says:

My iphone is disabled for 1 minute but then before the time ended it resetted by itself. Now everything is gone. How could this happen?

55. vinod says:

My I phone 6 plus is disable with a message ” Phone is Disabled” Connect to iTunes. When I am connecting with iTunes in my PC a message appearing that your ” iTunes could not connect to the iPhone ” iPhone (2) ” because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter a passcode on the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes. So I would like to know how I can enter the pass code on a disabled iPhone?

56. Irina says:

I have the message: iphone is disabled. Try again in 24,495,166 minutes. What can i do?

57. Sundar says:

Sir I got an iPhone in seconds . I don’t know it’s Apple ID and password too. And now it’s blocked . How can I unlock it , is there any possibilities.. Please help me..

58. Sundar says:

Is there any possibilities to unblock it ..even I don’t need the data in the iPhone .. So how can i unblock it

59. Mirza Obeidullah Baig says:

I would like to add one more point.
    Your iPhone can get disabled if the screen gets damaged. As this will cause the phone to auto type incorrect pins.

To avoid this I suggest that the phone be turned off at all times till the screen is replaced.

60. enock says:

my iphone is been disabled and it shows that i have to wait 3200 minutes….can i be sure that after this minutes count out my iphone will come back the way it was?

61. Cindy says:

To all have problems with there iphones,,let me fixed it…pm me for some question

62. sylvan says:

How can I disabled my iPhone 4 using itunes

63. Jan ferguson says:

How can I get into my iphone4 when it says disabled connect to itunes .?I forgot the passcode to it.

64. yeshineh says:

My i phone is disabled
    conect to iTunes it says what shal i do?

65. irakoze Frank says:

Iphone 4 is disabled for 24.690.018 minutes..help me plzz

66. Aubrey Minor says:

I don’t remember the password. How do I delete everything on the phone? I’m on Itunes but don’t see any buttons to delete. I still want to get on the iphone.

67. millz says:

My iphone 5s is disabled for 23,918,256 minutes please i need help to open it i bought from somebody online now i cant use it

68. Vikrant says:

I phone is disabled

69. Chad david says:

What if you r not around are have no clue where the computer it was sync to what to do however

70. Aims says:

I am trying to backup my iCloud on an old phone. It’s an IPhone 4s. I haven’t used this phone in over a year and just remembered some pictures I would like to get off of it. I have now locked myself out because I couldn’t remember the password. Is there anyway to backup this phone without having to connect to a computer & save the pictures/videos that are on it?