Assign Apps to Desktops in Mission Control
If you use multiple Desktops (aka Spaces aka Virtual Desktops) in OS X Lion’s Mission Control, you can set apps to specific Desktops, all Desktops, or no specific Desktop at all.
- Right-click on the apps icon in the Dock
- Navigate to Options, and then from the “Assign To” sub-menu select one of the three choices:
- All Desktops – the app will appear on all Desktops, without causing a switch
- This Desktop – Desktop-specific, this will cause Desktops to switch when the app is selected
- None – the default setting
The main difference with the choices is how apps interact within Mission Control, and whether or not they will automatically cause a Desktop switch based on their selection or not.
Check out more Mac OS X 10.7 tips while you’re at it.