Transfer Pictures to iPad the Easy Way with iTunes
Transferring photos from a computer to the iPad is very easy with the help of iTunes. To get started, you’ll need either a Mac or PC with iTunes, a USB connector cable for the iPad, and a folder containing the pictures you want to transfer over to the iPad.
The process is exactly the same in both Mac OS X and Windows, which is why it’s the easiest universal method to transfer photos to an iPad from any computer.
- Create a folder containing images you want to transfer to the iPad
- Connect the iPad to the computer, launch iTunes, and select the iPad from the devices list
- Click on the “Photos” tab
- Check the box next to “Sync Photos from” and select “Choose folder…”
- Locate and select the folder you created earlier containing the pictures you wish to transfer over, click on “Choose”
- Click on “Apply” to begin syncing the photos from the computer to iPad
The images will sync over and create a new album within the iPad Photos app that contains all the pictures. If the selected folder contains subfolders with pictures, those will transfer as well, but you can uncheck subfolders if you want them excluded.
If you need to do the reverse and get pictures off of an iPad or iPhone, transferring photos from iOS to a computer is also simple and can be done entirely outside of iTunes.
Finally, setting up iCloud gives access to the Photo Stream feature, which will automate the entire process of syncing pictures between a Mac and an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. If you haven’t signed up for the free iCloud service yet, you should do so.