Mac Setups: Vloggers Minimalist iMac Desk with Multicolor LED Backlighting
This weeks featured setup is the minimalist desk configuration of photographer and vlogger Arttu K., who uses LED backlighting to achieve a really nice mood effect behind the iMac setup. Let’s learn a bit more!
Tell us a bit about your Mac setup and why you chose it?
I wanted a setup that would last more than one generation. My old MacBook (Late 2008) lasted for 5 years, but it was so slow after 3 years that I couldn’t use it for photo editing. Currently I’m working with the following configuration:
- iMac 27″ (mid-2013) – 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 CPU, 8 Gb 1600 MHz DDR3 (pending 32GB upgrade), 1TB Fusion Drive
- Multi-colored LED backlighting from IKEA
- Apple Magic Trackpad
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- 2x Genelec G speakers and 1x Genelec F one subwoofer (manufacturer)
- Wallpaper by Matthias Weinberger (editor’s note: we blurred the wallpaper here because some may find the theme offensive, you can see it here if you’re interested )
- iPhone 5s 32GB with a wallet case
The desk itself is built from IKEA components:
- DIODER LED lights behind the iMac
- IKEA GALANT table with white tabletop, A-legs
- MALKOLM Black Chair from IKEA
- HELMER drawer
The DIODER LED lights a great addition and offer a variety of colors, including blue, purple, red, pink, green:
What do you use the Apple gear for?
I’m an amateur photographer, and use the computer mainly for photo editing and video editing for my vlog. This is where the 27” of screen real estate comes in handy. I also have an M-Audio Keystation 61 (not shown in images) if I want to create soundtracks for the video blog.
Most days go by updating several blogs, and just finding content from internet and listening music from Spotify =-)
Usually my screen is just a huge mess… 😁😁
Are there any apps you use most often or couldn’t live without?
Do you have an interesting Apple setup and/or Mac desk that you want to share with OSXDaily? Take a few good pictures, answer these questions (the more complete the answers, the better), and send them on in!