Mac Setups: Quad Display Mac & PC Cyber Security Pro Workstation
This weeks featured Mac setup comes to us from Larry H, a Cyber Security pro who a combined Mac and Windows PC setup to make quite a workstation. Let’s jump in and learn a bit more…
Tell us a bit about the hardware in your setup
- MacBook Pro 15″ Retina (Early 2013)
- 16 GB RAM
- 2.7 Intel Core i7 CPU
- 800GB HD
- Apple Magic Trackpad
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Case – Corsair 800D
- Memory – Corsair Vengence 2133mhz 16gb
- CPU – Intel Core i7 3930k
- GPU – Nvidia gtx msi 680
- NZXT Temperature Module
- Water cooling – Corsair h100
- CD / DVD / Blur-ray – LG Mosaic Blueray
- SSD – Corsair neutron gtx 120gb
- HDD- Western Digital 3tb
- MOBO- Gigaybye x79 up4
Displays & Accessories
- Monitors (4 main) – Dell E2414H 24″
- Left Monitor – HP Compaq 21.5″
- Headset 1 – Astro headset with mix amp (new 2013 edition)
- Keyboard – Razer BlackWidow Ultimate
- Mouse – Razer Naga Epic
- Headset 2 – Razer Magaladon 7.1
- Headset 3- Turtle beach DP11
- Headset 4- Corsair Vengence 1500V
- Satechi 4 USB 3.0 port hub
- 50″ VIZIO TV 120HZ 1080P
- Playstation 3 Slim
- SEKIO Black and Gold Watch
- Real saddle leather messenger bag
- Budwiser Black Crown Beer
What do you use your Apple gear for?
Everything from 3D Graphic Design, Music Production, Web Development, Cyber Security, Forensic Work
Are there any particular apps you use most often or you couldn’t do without?
Amethyst – for all the Xnomad geeks out there, this thing is a life saver, I will not go without it! F.lux, BetterSnaptool, Synergy (cross platform keyboard and mouse sharing utility covered here), VMware, Adobe CS6 suite master collection, FL Studio 10 producer edition, Logic Pro X, Aperture, Final Cut Pro, Cinema 4D, Wireshark, Volatile, CyFIR from Cytech, Brew, mutt, tmux, piano bar, Wee Chat, Connect Wise, LogMeIn, Cisco Jabber.
There is so much I use, but that’s pretty much the gist of it.
Do you have any tips you want to share?
For those who want to use multi monitors, you will need “Diamond BVU195 HD USB 2.0 to VGA / DVI / HDMI Adapter (DisplayLink DL-195 Chipset)”, and make sure you download the latest display link drivers for it, or it will NOT work.