How to Set “My Info” Personal Contact Details on iPhone
Setting your personal info, address, and contact information on an iPhone is important if you want to be able to do things like get directions home or to another location from home, appropriate auto-fill details, the ability to easily share your address and contact details with other people, and much more.
Perhaps it’s not surprising then that a common question is “how do I change my personal information on iPhone?“, and that’s what we’re going to demonstrate here. Yes, most iPhone users have “My Info” setup properly on their devices, but many others don’t, or some just may want to change their info or set a different contact card as their details.
First, Have a Self Identifying “My Info” Contact Card
In order to accurately set “My Info” to your personal name, address, phone number, and other contact info, you’ll need to be sure you have created a contact card identity for yourself. This would be like creating any other contact in the “Contacts” app, and if you haven’t done that yet, here’s how you can make a card for yourself:
- Open the “Contacts” app, if you see your name and details at the top under “My Card” than you don’t need to create a new contact (though you can tap on it to double-check that your My Card information is accurate), otherwise tap the + plus button in the corner
- Add your name, address, email, phone number, and other useful information as usual and tap “Done” to complete
You can also edit an existing Contact card for yourself by tapping on your name in Contacts app, then tapping “Edit” and adding in the pertinent details like address for home.
How to Set or Change “My Info” Contact Details to Yourself on iPhone
Once you have a self identifying contact card, you can easily set it for the iPhone.
- Open the “Settings” app on iPhone, then go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Scroll down to the Contacts section, then tap on “My Info”
- Select your personal contact card that identifies yourself and contains your contact and address information by tapping on it
- Exit out of Settings as usual
Now your personal contact information is set to you on iPhone (and yes this works the same on iPad and iPod touch). This can be changed at any time, so if your contact card changes or you give the iPhone to your partner or child, it’s easy to keep everything else the same if need be and just change the contact details.
You can also change the address, name, and other information at anytime by going through the ‘Contacts’ app as described in the first part of this article.
Now your iPhone knows who you are and where you live, which is exactly what you need if you want to be able to do things like tell Siri to give you voice directions home or from home to elsewhere, or share your home address with someone else, and much more.