MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 Update Released for Download
Apple has released the final version of MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 to all Mac users. There are no major new features in macOS Mojave 10.14.6, but the latest MacOS Mojave version includes various bug fixes and is therefore recommended to all Mac uses who are running MacOS Mojave.
Additionally, Mac users running macOS Sierra and High Sierra will also find “2019-004” security updates available for those releases along with a Safari update, and Apple has also released iOS 12.4 update to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users, along with updates for watchOS and tvOS.
Download & Update MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Always backup a Mac before installing any system software update!
- Go to the Apple menu and choose ‘System Preferences’
- Select the “Software Update” preference panel then choose to update when “macOS 10.14.6 update” is shown as available
The update download weighs in around 3.1GB. Installing macOS 10.14.6 requires the system to restart.
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 Downloads
Users can also choose to download individual package installers and either use a combo update for MacOS or a standard update. The combo update allows a Mac to be updated from an earlier version of Mojave, for example to jump directly from 10.14.3 to 10.14.6, whereas the standard version must be installed on the preceding release.
- MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 Combo Update
- MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 Standard Update
- Security Update 2019-004 High Sierra (for MacOS High Sierra)
- Security Update 2019-004 Sierra (for MacOS Sierra)
Note that macOS Mojave updates will only be available to users running MacOS Mojave. Mac users running macOS Sierra and macOS High Sierra can find the 2019-004 security update and new Safari updates available from the Mac App Store “Updates” section as usual.
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 Release Notes
The release notes accompanying the macOS 10.14.6 download are as follows:
macOS 10.14.6 Update –– Restart Required
The macOS Mojave 10.14.6 update improves the stability and reliability of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
– Makes downloaded issues available in the My Magazines section of Apple News+, both online and offline
– Adds all publications in Apple News+, including newspapers, to the catalog at the top of the News+ feed
– Adds the ability to clear downloaded magazine issues in Apple News+ by selecting History > Clear > Clear All
– Addresses an issue which prevents creation of a new Boot Camp partition on iMac and Mac mini with Fusion Drive
– Resolves an issue that may cause a hang during a restart
– Resolves a graphics issue that may occur when waking from sleep
– Fixes an issue that may cause fullscreen video to appear black on Mac mini
– Improves file sharing reliability over SMB
– Addresses an issue where file-sharing connections would potentially drop.
– Improves compatibility of Xsan clients when accessing volumes that use 1K or larger LUN sector sizes.
For more detailed information about this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT209149
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222
Separately, Apple has also released iOS 12.4 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, along with watchOS 5.3 for Apple Watch, and tvOS 12.4 for Apple TV.