iOS 13.6 & iPadOS 13.6 Updates Available to Download
Apple has released iOS 13.6 and iPadOS 13.6 for all iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users with compatible devices.
iOS 13.6 and iPadOS 13.6 include a new toggle for adjusting installation of software updates, a digital car keys feature for compatible cars, a “symptoms” category for the Health app, along with other minor feature enhancements, bug fixes, and general improvements.
Separately, Apple also released MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 and Security Updates for Mojave and High Sierra Mac users, watchOS 6.2.8 for Apple Watch, and tvOS 13.4.8 for Apple TV.
How to Download iOS 13.6 / iPadOS 13.6 Updates
Always backup the iPhone or iPad to iCloud, iTunes, or a computer, before installing any update to system software.
- Open the “Settings” app on iPhone or iPad
- Go to “General”, and then go to “Software Update”
- Choose “Download & Install” when iOS 13.6 or iPadOS 13.6 update shows as available
The device requires a fair amount of free storage available to perform the software update, and it will restart automatically to complete installation.
Another option is to update to iOS 13.6 and iPadOS 13.6 with a computer by connecting iPhone or iPad to a Windows PC with iTunes, a Mac with iTunes, or a Mac with MacOS Catalina and using Finder.
Advanced users can also use IPSW files to update system software manually using the links below.
iOS 13.6 IPSW Direct Download Links
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone SE 2
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPod touch 7th-generation
iPadOS 13.6 IPSW Direct Download Links
- iPad Pro 11-inch 2018
- iPad Pro 11-inch 2020
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 1st generation
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 2nd generation
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 3rd generation 2018
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch 4th generation 2020
- iPad 7 10.2-inch 2019
- iPad 6 9.7-inch 2018
- iPad 5 9.7-inch 2017
- iPad Air 3 2019
- iPad Air 2
- iPad mini 5 2019
- iPad mini 4
- iPad Pro 9.7‑inch
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
iOS 13.6 Release Notes
“iOS 13.6 adds support for digital car keys, introduces audio stories in Apple News+, and contains a new symptoms category in the Health app. This release also includes bug fixes and improvements.
Digital car keys
– Unlock, lock, and start your compatible car with your iPhone
– Securely remove digital keys from a lost device via iCloud
– Share digital keys easily with iMessage
– Driver-specific profiles so you can configure shared keys for full-access or restricted driving
– Power reserve lets you unlock and start your car for up to five hours after iPhone runs out of battery
– Audio stories are professionally narrated versions of some of the best reads from Apple News+, selected and produced by the Apple News editors as part of your Apple News+ subscription
– Apple News Today is a new, free audio briefing on the day’s top stories from the Apple News editors, also available in the Podcasts app
– A new Audio tab makes it easy to find Apple News Today and Apple
News+ audio stories
– CarPlay allows you to listen to Apple News Today and Apple News+ audio stories while on the road
– Local news in your Today feed provides extensive coverage of San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York City
– More stories available from local news providers with a subscription to Apple News+
– Your daily newsletter from Apple News can now be personalized with stories that reflect your interests
– New category for symptoms in the Health app, including symptoms logged from Cycle Tracking and ECG
– Ability to log new symptoms, like fever, chills, sore throat or coughing, and share them with third-party apps
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
– Adds a new setting to choose if updates automatically download to your device when on Wi-Fi
– Addresses an issue that could cause apps to become unresponsive when syncing data from iCloud Drive
– Fixes an issue that could cause data roaming to appear to be disabled on eSIM even though it remained active
– Fixes an issue thats causes some phone calls from Saskatchewan to appear as originating from the United States
– Addresses an issue that could interrupt audio when making phone calls over Wi-Fi Calling
– Fixes an issues that prevented some iPhone 6S and iPhone SE devices from registering for Wi-Fi Calling
– Resolves an issue that could cause the software keyboard to appear unexpectedly when connected to certain third-party hardware keyboards
– Fixes an issue that could cause Japanese hardware keyboards to be incorrectly mapped as a U.S. keyboard
– Addresses stability issues when accessing Control Center when Assistive Touch was enabled
– Provides a mechanism for administrators to specify domains to exclude from traffic carried by always-on VPN connections”
Aside from iOS 13.6 and iPadOS 13.6, MacOS Catalina 10.15.6, Security Update 2020-004 for High Sierra and Mojave, watchOS 6.2.8, and tvOS 13.4.8 are also available as updates for hardware capable of running those versions of system software.