How to Set Alarm Clock on iPhone
Your iPhone can serve as an alarm clock to make sure you’re on time for events, routines, work, school, or anything else. If you’re trying to wake up early enough, or fit a schedule, or traveling and need a wake-up, using the iPhone as an alarm clock is undeniably useful since most people have their iPhone with them all the time anyway.
The built-in Clock app on your iPhone can be used to set and edit alarms, or even track your bedtime to see if you’re maintaining a healthy sleeping schedule. If you’re new to the iOS ecosystem, you might not be familiar with the alarm set-up on your device. Thankfully, there’s more than one way to create a new alarm on iOS devices. If you’re still trying to figure this out, don’t worry, as we’ll be walking you through how to set an alarm clock on your iPhone.
How to Set Alarm Clock on iPhone
Setting and managing your alarms is a fairly simple and straightforward procedure on an iPhone. Just follow the steps below to get started.
- Open the “Clock” app on your iPhone.
- Now, head over to the “Alarm” section.
- Here, tap on the “+” icon located at the top-right corner of your screen to create a new alarm.
- In this menu, you’ll be able to set a preferred time for your new alarm. You can also choose if you want the alarm to be repeated on other days of the week. Snooze, a feature that allows you to disable your alarm for nine minutes is turned on by default. Keep it enabled if you’re the kind of person who sleeps through alarms. Select an alarm sound and tap on “Save” to finish setting it up.
- If you left snooze enabled, you’ll have the option to snooze the alarm when it goes off. Pressing the power/side button on your iPhone will also snooze your alarm and it’ll go off again after exactly nine minutes.
There you have it, an alarm is set! Nice and simple right? But of course you can also edit and delete alarms too.
Oh and by the way, if you’re trying to be mindful of someone else sleeping with you, near you, or a light sleeper, you can also set a vibrating silent alarm on iPhone as discussed here.
How to Edit & Delete an Alarm on iPhone Clock App
- Open the Clock app on iPhone
- Locate the alarm to edit or delete, then simply swipe left on the alarm and tap on “Delete” as shown in the screenshot below. You’ll also be able to change your alarm settings here by tapping on the “Edit” option at the top-left corner.
That’s pretty much all there is to it. Now you know how to set up alarms on your iPhone.
Changing Snooze Time?
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to change the snooze time for your alarms. It’s defaulted to nine minutes, perhaps as Apple’s way of paying homage to the history of analog clocks. However, you can get around this by disabling snooze and setting up multiple alarms in the Clock app. Or, you could try out third-party alarm clock apps from the App Store that allow you to change the snooze time.
Setting up iPhone Alarms with Siri
Another easy way to set up an alarm is by using voice commands. That’s right, you can ask Siri to set an alarm for you by using the phrase “Hey Siri, wake me up at 7 AM” or “Hey Siri, set an alarm for 6 AM”.
Although this method is a lot quicker, you won’t be able to customize the alarm any further unless you manually edit it in the Clock app.
Although we were focusing on the iPhone in this article, you can follow the same procedure to set up alarms on your iPad or even iPod Touch. Or, if you use an Apple Watch alongside your iPhone, you can conveniently set up and edit alarms on your Apple Watch with the built-in Alarms app or just by using Siri.
Now you have learned how to create, set, edit, and delete an alarm on your iPhone, you’re ready to face the world and whatever challenges require the use of an alarm clock, isn’t that great? Enjoy your morning, day, evening, or night, whatever your schedule may be.
Let us know in the comments if you have any handy tips, advice, suggestions, or interesting tidbits about the alarm clock on iPhone.