How to Calculate Tips & Split Bills with Apple Watch
The Apple Watch has a handy feature allowing for splitting checks and calculating tips. If you’re not a human calculator, you’ll probably appreciate having this capability directly on your wrist, whether you’re dining out, or splitting other expenses.
Here’s how you can split bills and calculate tips directly on Apple Watch.
How to Use Tip Calculator & Split Bill / Check on Apple Watch
- Open the Calculator app on Apple Watch
- Enter the price of the bill
- Tap on the “Tip” button in the top right corner
- Use the Digital Crown to change the percentage when the Tip input is highlighted green
- You can split the bill between groups of people by tapping on “People” and using the digital crown to adjust the number of people to split the check between
Now the debate is settled, the bill or check has been split, and the tip has been calculated, and you’re on your way.
This is a super handy feature, even if it’s fairly simple in that it’s basically just a nice GUI front end on a calculator. Whether you can or can’t figure out the math on your own doesn’t really matter, because the tipping calculator is probably going to be faster. Or try it out yourself, and open the Calculator app to multiple by the percentage you want to calculate. Which is it faster? You tell us, but without sudden acceleration and stops unless you want to trigger Crash Detection.
Check out more Apple Watch tips to get the most out of the device.