Rip Blu Ray’s on your Mac
MakeMKV lets you rip DVD’s and Blu-Ray discs easily in Mac OS X (or Windows or Linux for that matter), and during the beta, the program is free! Each beta release works for 60 days and then it automatically stops functioning, so go ahead and grab the beta version for some free blu ray ripping. The process is simple and straight forward, select the source Blu-Ray or DVD, select an output location, and click “Make MKV” then wait. Blu-Ray’s take a while to rip, and obviously you’ll need a blu-ray drive on your Mac to have that functionality. DVD’s are relatively quick to process, in about 20 minutes you should have a finished dvd rip.
Features of MakeMKV include:
* Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
* Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
* Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
* Preserves chapters information
* Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
The program is cross platform compatible so if you want to use it in Windows or Linux that’s fine too. Note that although the Blu-Ray ripping functionality expires after 60 days with the beta program, the DVD ripping ability will still be maintained.