The United States of Apple
Where in the US are the highest concentrations of Apple users? A report on Fortune shows us. Here are the top ten US markets for Apple:
* San Francisco / Silicon Valley / Bay Area, CA – Residents are 49% more likely than the average American to be Apple users, no surprise with Apple’s headquarters just down the road in Cupertino.
* Boston, MA – Nearly 1/3 of adults in the Boston area have an iPod, iPhone, or Mac.
* San Diego, CA – 31.8% of the areas residents are Mac users
* New York, NY – 4.9 million Mac users
* Washington, DC – residents are 39% more likely to use a Mac, iPod, or Apple
* Chicago, IL – 2.1 million Apple users
* Denver, CO – 29% of the population are Apple users
* Monterey / Salinas, CA – 28% of the population own or use Apple products
* Santa Barbara / Santa Maria / San Luis Obispo, CA – this beachy region of southern California boasts a nearly 28% Apple user rate
* Las Vegas, NV - 27.9% of adults use an Apple product
Looking at the map is pretty interesting, you can really see the concentration of Apple users is highest around large cities, which is no surprise considering most of the Apple Stores are based in metropolitan areas. California is truly an Apple state, I don’t think I have ever visited a coffee shop or cafe in the Bay Area and not seen a sea of glowing Mac logos. The same is certainly true for many universities, where Mac’s dominate classrooms and campuses.