Worst iPad Background Ever

Sep 26, 2010 - 20 Comments

worst ipad background ever

Feeling nostalgic for a horrible crash-prone user experience and ugly GUI? How about putting the Windows 95 boot screen as your iPad background? It won’t make your iPad run Windows 95 (thankfully), but it sure looks dreadful enough.

Here’s a really cool iPad background to make up for it though.

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in Fun, iPad

1. […] przykład mam mapę stref czasowych na świecie (już kiedyś ją pokazywałem). Tymczasem serwis OS X Daily opubliował dzisiaj zrzut ekranu z iPada z najgorszą tapetą zdaniem jego redaktorów. Tapeta jest […]

2. ffa says:

ehak ohhhh
    disgusting :(

3. buck says:

i never seen a better looking ipad than this one!

4. jkc3021 says:

Ah, my eyes !, my eyes !

5. lkc445 says:

Ugly GUI? Could be worse … such as Apple’s offering at the time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Macintosh_System_7.5.3_screenshot.png

6. Mark says:

I love it.

• Mark says:

…for the nostalgia. Win 95 was the gateway to my software QA career. The broken-ness of that thing just inspired me.

7. sven says:

The Win95 background is beautiful–I use it on my tower and iphone!

8. […] up your iPad or Mac with a hilarious blue screen wallpaper, which easily ranks up there with that awful Windows 95 background on the worst wallpaper scale, and rest easy knowing you’ll never have to see that horrible […]

9. Jennifer says:

It’s gorgeous. Of course Mac users wouldn’t be able to appreciate the irony of the thing and instead be all huffy and offended. Most of them were too stupid to know how to use a computer around the time Win95 was out.

• SilenceDogood says:

With this little rant, why the h are you on OSX Daily, a MAC-related site in the first place?

• JohnM says:

So do you have the faintest idea how many people browsing a site called “OS X Daily” are Mac users? Of course you do. That’s why you’re a troll with doo for brains.

10. Raul T says:

Windows 95 was the first system to copy the desktop´s apple way to work. Today are almost the same, because standars.

11. Danny says:

Are you kidding me? This looks better than the iPad! Bill Gates you’ve done it again :D Fantastic! To be fair, they’re basically on the same scale as Windows 95…

12. jon says:

I remember a time when I was delighted to see a Windows95 screen… in 1995, after a year of being forced to use Windows 3.1 at work.