How to Jailbreak iPhone and iOS 4.1 with GreenPois0n
The greenpois0n download was just released and runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It’s a pretty straightforward jailbreak that will work on iOS 4.1 with the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3g, and iPod touch 4g. The procedure is identical on the Mac and Windows so this guide is the same regardless of the platform.
How to jailbreak your iPhone using greenpois0n
Basically just follow the instructions within the greenpoison app, which are:
- Download greenpois0n
- Launch the app
- Turn off your iPhone (or iPod touch, etc)
- Connect the iPhone to your computer
- Click on “Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)” and follow the steps to enter into iPhone DFU mode
- Once in DFU mode, click on ‘Jailbreak!’ to start the jailbreak process
- Wait for the jailbreak to complete, the status bar indicates what’s going on and the iPhone will reboot itself
- From the home screen, tap on the newly installed “Loader” icon
- Tap on Cydia and then tap on Install Cydia
- Once Cydia is installed you can remove the Loader app, tap on “Remove” and your iPhone will reboot itself once more
That’s all there is to it, it’s a slightly cleaner and easier to follow install process than limera1n but otherwise not much different. If you’re looking to jailbreak your iPad too it’s basically the same.