How to Jailbreak iPhone and iOS 4.1 with GreenPois0n

Oct 12, 2010 - 11 Comments

jailbreak iphone greenpois0n The greenpois0n download was just released and runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. It’s a pretty straightforward jailbreak that will work on iOS 4.1 with the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3g, and iPod touch 4g. The procedure is identical on the Mac and Windows so this guide is the same regardless of the platform.

How to jailbreak your iPhone using greenpois0n

Basically just follow the instructions within the greenpoison app, which are:

• Download greenpois0n
  • Launch the app
  • Turn off your iPhone (or iPod touch, etc)
  • Connect the iPhone to your computer
  • Click on “Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU)” and follow the steps to enter into iPhone DFU mode
  • Once in DFU mode, click on ‘Jailbreak!’ to start the jailbreak process
  • Wait for the jailbreak to complete, the status bar indicates what’s going on and the iPhone will reboot itself
  • From the home screen, tap on the newly installed “Loader” icon
  • Tap on Cydia and then tap on Install Cydia
  • Once Cydia is installed you can remove the Loader app, tap on “Remove” and your iPhone will reboot itself once more
  • Jailbroken!

That’s all there is to it, it’s a slightly cleaner and easier to follow install process than limera1n but otherwise not much different. If you’re looking to jailbreak your iPad too it’s basically the same.

Posted by: William Pearson in iPhone

1. [...] is “being worked on.” In the meantime, if you have a Windows installation handy you can jailbreak your iPhone or iOS 4.1 device using greenpois0n right [...]

2. IwanBlake says:

My ipod touch wont enter dfu mode when i follow the instructions. The screen just goes black then i have to turn it back on by holding the home and sleep buttons

3. d-lane says:

is the 3g supported in the jailbreak? i happened across a cheap one and didnt think to check software or firmware. so im stuck with a 3g with 4.1 ios and 5.12.04 firmware. any help is appreciated

4. ouch says:

loader.app appeared but I can’t download cydia.. it’s always request timed out.

5. [...] jailbreak now able to run from each major desktop operating system. If you’re curious, learn how to jailbreak an iPhone with iOS 4.1 using greenpois0n. The process is the same whether your are on a Mac, Windows, or [...]

6. Ed says:

Works AWESOME, don’t be dissuaded when a load of command script appears on the ipod screen, it’s meant to do that :D scared me dooless when i saw it :L

7. Re Re says:

Hey I’ve been trying to jailbreak my 3Gs. But every time I press Jailbreak, it says failed. I don’t understand? What am I doing wrong? Please help me. I miss having my Iphone Jail broken. :(

8. Re Re says:

And it starts off with a Black screen but then goes to a White screen. Please helppppp.

9. Alan says:

After Jailbreaking my 3G is giving me “Could not activate cellular network” error when trying to use Safari or Mail.

Any fixes for this? Has this happened to anyone else?

10. natalie says:

when i want to download Cydia, it always says request timed out. what can i do to fix this?