Redesigned MacBook Pro Lineup to be Revealed This Year?
The entire MacBook Pro lineup will be redesigned “radically” this year to more closely resemble the MacBook Air, according to a new report from AppleInsider. Citing a source who says “they’re all going to look like MacBook Airs,” AppleInsider also suggests the MacBook Pro 15″ will likely be the first of the bunch to be redesigned, and will feature the removal of older technologies like the traditional hard disk drive and optical drives, in favor of digital distribution and SSD drives.
Assuming the latest report lines up with past rumors and reports, here is what we could possibly see from a refreshed MacBook Pro line this year:
- Thin and light MacBook Air inspired design
- Dual Core & Quad Core Ivy Bridge CPU’s with speeds up to 2.9GHz
- An ultra high resolution display at 2880×1800
- SSD drive to replace the traditional hard drives
- Removal of the optical drive
- Longer battery life
- Emphasis on digital distribution for software installation
Taiwanese trade publication Digitimes previously suggested that a new MacBook Pro (or Air) 15″ model may come in March, which would coincide nicely with the iPad 3 rollout. If the suspected high resolution display was included, it would also help to resolve the issue of designing for a retina iPad resolution on the currently smaller screen resolutions offered with Mac laptops.