Unhide Purchases from the App Store in iOS

Mar 19, 2012 - 6 Comments

Unhide Purchases in App Store

Need to reveal hidden App Store purchases so you can access and download them? It’s easy to do directly on an iOS device, grab the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and do the following:

1. Launch the App Store
  2. Scroll down to tap on “Apple ID: email@address.com”
  3. Tap “View Apple ID”
  4. Enter the password for the account
  5. Scroll down and tap on “Hidden Purchases”
  6. Find the app(s) you wish to unhide, and tap the “Unhide” button
  7. Unhide Purchase

8. Find the unhidden apps under the “Purchased” section of App Store

Remember, you can always hide a purchase from the App Store again by swiping next to its name in the purchased list.

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in iPad, iPhone, Tips & Tricks, Troubleshooting

1. Boise Ed says:

I went through your steps on my iPhone 3gs and couldn’t find “Hidden Purchases”; is this only for newer iPhones? I do have the latest iOS.

• Will says:

This should be on any device that uses iOS 5 or later. What do you see instead? The setting doesn’t show up if you don’t have any hidden apps, that could be it.

2. Brian says:

I’m using an iPhone 4S with the latest iOS and I do not have this either. Apple ID, Payment, Country/Region, Turn on Genius for Apps, and right below that it states:

“iTunes in the Cloud
    Enabling Automatic Download or downloading a previous purchase will associate this device with your Apple ID for use with iTunes in the Cloud.”

Which I assume it probably the section this info is about, however I have done both of those and still no hidden apps buttons or switches

3. Budianto Chen says:

In my iPad, I don’ see the unhindered button, it’s only the open button. It’s definitely a bug.

4. Sickman says:

Nice answer. Solved my problem in seconds! Great!