Type the Apple Logo Icon on iPhone or iPad with Keyboard Shortcuts
The Apple logo is iconic and used frequently by fans, but if you’re looking to type the Apple logo () on an iPhone or iPad you won’t find it in the standard keyboard options or special characters. Indeed, for the time being anyway, the Apple logo does not have an easily accessible character option in the iOS keyboard (it probably deserves a place in the Emoji keyboard at least). That doesn’t mean you can’t type out the Apple icon from an iOS device though, you’ll just need to use one of the following tricks.
How to Type the Apple Logo in iOS with a Text Replacement Trick
If you plan on using the Apple logo often, the text replacement trick is probably the best choice for iOS devices. This is pretty easy too, here’s what you’ll want to do:
- From the iPhone or iPad that you wish to add and type the Apple logo from, visit this web page, then tap and hold on the Apple logo shown below and choose “Copy”
- Now go to the Settings app and choose “General” followed by “Keyboard”
- Choose “Shortcuts” then tap the + plus button
- In the “Phrase” section tap and hold and then select “Paste” to paste the Apple logo into place
- Tap into “Shortcut” and use something like ‘applelogo’ or another phrase shortcut that won’t conflict with a word you actually want to use – this is going to be automatically replaced by the Apple logo when you write it out
- Tap on “Save”
- Visit the Notes app to try out your new Apple logo typing shortcut, start typing out ‘applelogo’ (or your phrase) to see the Apple logo appear in the Quick Type bar, or type the full phrase to automatically have it replaced with the Apple logo icon
Text replacement also offers a quick way to type out complex emoji sequences and other lengthy text blocks, which has a wide variety of purposes.
This is obviously easy to write out once it’s set up, but unlike typing out the Apple logo on a Mac, it’s not just a matter of a simple keystroke sequence.
For what it’s worth, there are a few other ways to type the Apple logo on an iPhone or iPad as well, though they’re not necessarily any easier than the above approach.
Type an Apple Logo in iOS with a Special Keyboard
Similar to adding the Emoji keyboard, you can add the Japanese Kana keyboard which is full of special characters, and which uses a text to character replacement ability, to write out the Apple logo when you want to type it on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards
- Add the keyboard for “Japanese Kana”
- Open an app like Notes app and tap the globe icon to switch to the Japanese keyboard
- Type out “appuru” to have it automatically replace with the Apple icon
- Tap back on the globe icon to switch to your normal keyboard
Is this any easier than using the keyboard replacement shortcut trick? I don’t think so, unless you happened wanting to use the Japanese Kana keyboard anyway, but perhaps you think otherwise.