Jailbreak iPhone iOS 4.3.2 with Redsn0w (Tutorial)
Alright iPhone jailbreakers, iOS 4.3.2 now has an untethered jailbreak available thanks to the latest version of Redsn0w. Before we get started, remember that anyone who relies on a carrier unlock like ultrasn0w should not use redsn0w and should not update to 4.3.2 yet. Also, be sure to backup your iPhone beforehand just in case. Jailbreaks are easy to undo but it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
And yes, this guide is geared towards the iPhone but it will work the same on any compatible 4.3.2 device, including the iPod touch.
How to Jailbreak iPhone iOS 4.3.2 with Redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 (Untethered)
This guide assumes you have already updated to 4.3.2, if you haven’t, go ahead and do so.
- Download the iOS 4.3.2 IPSW for your specific model and save the .IPSW file somewhere you can find it easily
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 (Windows & Mac supported)
- Open Redsn0w and select “Browse” and find the IPSW file for iOS 4.3.2 you just downloaded
- Follow redsn0w’s onscreen instructions, and remember to select the checkbox next to “Install Cydia”
- Turn off the iPhone and connect it to the computer, then click on “Next”
- You will now be asked to put the iPhone into DFU Mode: Hold down Power button for 1 second, continue to hold power while holding Home button for another 10 seconds, now release the power button but continue to hold the Home button for another 15 seconds
- After you’re in DFU, redsn0w installs the jailbreak to your iPhone, and then restarts automatically
After your iPhone reboots, you will be jailbroken in iOS 4.3.2, but you can verify this by looking for the Cydia icon. As mentioned earlier, the jailbreak is untethered so you do not have to worry about rebooting the iPhone at anytime.
If it’s ever necessary, unjailbreaking is very easy but you will lose your jailbroken apps and customizations. It’s always a good idea to undo jailbreaks before taking your iPhone into Apple for warranty service.