18 Ridiculously Huge Things That Apple is Worth More Than
Sep 18, 2011 - 16 Comments
Apple stock surpassed $400 a share again last Friday, bringing their market cap to $371.30 billion. That $371,300,000,000 is worth more than each of the following things:
- All 32 Eurozone Banks
- The Entire Economy of Singapore
- All of the Illegal Drugs in the World
- Total U.S. Corporate Income Tax for 2011
- The GDP of Denmark
- The Great Wall of China (priced at $0.52 a brick)
- The Star Wars, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Stephen King, and Twilight Franchises – combined, plus another $300 billion
- All of the Farm Land in Iowa & South Dakota, at $4200 per acre
- The Total Endowments of the USA’s 13 Richest Universities and University Systems
- 45 days of global oil consumption
- The Cost of America’s Obesity Epidemic
- Every home in Detroit and Tampa combined
- The big three drug makers; Novartis, Sanofi-Aventis, and Pfizer, combined
- Every home in Atlanta
- 10 times the total paid in federal child support in the U.S. last year
- The five largest ETFs (exchange-traded funds)
- 10 years of Silver Production
- The GDP of Israel, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon – combined
This interesting (and ongoing) list comes from a tumblr blog that is appropriately titled ThingsAppleIsWorthMoreThan, well worth a follow just for the amusement factor alone.
[…] via OSXDaily […]
[…] Perhaps this is one of the reasons that Apple is worth more than just about everything. […]
Poor people. U think you belong to the Apple elite. They really shook you to around the little finger.
[…] Osxdaily Kategorier: Apple Etiketter: Apple Tillbaka till början Prev Dela eller […]
There’s your answer for Greece and Italy. Who needs German to bail out those countries. Apple can just buy those countries and end their debt crisis. Don’t get me wrong…may the universe bless Steve Jobs for his imagination, innovation and changing the way we communicate. But How much money does a corp need to make?
With all that money…Apple should be pricing iPads for $150.00,.
Hell they release a new ipad every six months…and people keeping buying them. It’s called planned obsolescence. “Just throw you old ipad away…the new one comes in white. Oh Boy! I can’t wait to spend my $400 on the one that will come in green. I just bought an -x-10 Android 2.3, TABLET 4GB INTERNAL STORAGE, 7” FOR $200 thousands of free aps available on Android market.
Cool story bro -.-
We are gonna build a new wall with iPhones instead of bricks to make it more expensive. LOL
But will it blend?
Aaaaah! I cannot stop to laugh!!!
All good and well, but I really do miss the “think different” era sometimes…
It is not more then the 32 largest banks in all their value, it is only in free-float shares.
You are right, the Euro banks are worthless other than Germany.
Circling the drain………….
Yikes, apples getting expensive.
more than the 32 largest banks in EU. This is impressive.
But a company does not have the same responsibilities a nation have, so comparing is a bit stretch.
But Apple worth more than that, because Apple sells its own creation, so its employees ad values to the company compared to those companies that chose to sell licensed OS.