Redsn0w 0.9.9b1 Jailbreak Tool Auto-Detects iOS Version & Downloads IPSW
A new version of the redsn0w jailbreak tool has been released by the iPhone Dev Team, mostly as a feature enhancement update. Versioned as 0.9.9b1, the release includes a variety of new features, including:
- Automatic device and firmware detection via DFU mode
- Grabs some IPSW versions from Apple
- Caches custom and beta IPSW’s locally
- Easier tethered boot with preferences saved
- “Pwned DFU” option to quickly enter into DFU mode without the button sequence
- Various SHSH blob features pertaining to custom IPSW versions and storage on Cydia servers
Note that redsn0w 0.99b1 does not jailbreak any new iOS versions, nor does it provide an untether for existing jailbreaks that are still tethered. It will continue to jailbreak iOS 4.3.5, and for developers with access, the iOS 5 beta builds, on supported iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b1
As usual, versions are available for both Mac OS X and Windows users, and include the same feature set:
For those waiting for a new untether to come out, prepare to wait at least until iOS 5 has been made public.
Couldn’t get redsnow to work on the mac (ios 4.3.5 BB 5.16 02) but it did on windows.
i installed but stops responding everytime i start a command
the new interface choices are confusing