File a Bug Report with Apple Directly

Sep 18, 2009 - 6 Comments

appnamebuglogin I’ve run into some unusual quirks and bugs in Snow Leopard and based on conversation with other Mac users I know I’m not the only one. Instead of just complaining about it (or writing a post about it, like this!), it’s much more helpful to Apple and the Mac community to file a bug report directly with Apple. You can do this easily online here: BugReport.Apple.com. You’ll need an ADC login to use the bug reporting tool, I imagine this is a requirement to insure that bug reports are filed by relatively qualified technical people. So if you stumble upon something which is definitely a bug, do everyone a favor and file a bug report with Apple!

Apple: Bug Reporter

Posted by: Bill Ellis in Apple.com, Mac OS X, Troubleshooting

1. CB says:

I tried to login to the bugreport page (2x), but got an error that said the following (there was no error detail). I did email this to them.

An error has occurred. Please report the error to Apple Inc. by emailing the error detail to devbugs@apple.com.

For more details on the error, click this link
    Error Detail

2. johnny lyon says:

10 times a day or more my Safari crashes and I send in a Bug report.

I never hear back from Apple. What is going on and why is this happening?
    Please reply.
    Johnny

3. Roger Schlemmer says:

I logged into the bug report site and this is the result that popped up.
    How do you report that the Bug Reporter has a bug?

You do not have access to the Apple Bug Reporter (aka RadarWeb).
    Please contact the IS&T HelpLine.
    Dial 4-7777 from any Cupertino campus phone.
    Dial 7777 from any Sacramento campus phone.
    Dial 4-HELP (4357) from any Austin campus phone.
    Dial 1-800-800-6272 from anywhere in the U.S.
    Dial 1-408-974-7777 from SCV or outside the U.S.

Back

For more details on the error, click this link
    Error Detail

4. David Coombs says:

My MacBook (3 years old) has been having problems which include the following:
    computer freezes, curser goes wild, While working in pages curser lights up portions of an article in blue without warning, I click on the side of article and the blued out portion is deleted. I turn off computer, give it a rest, and come back to it and everything is fine for hours before problems occur again.

5. Colin havens says:

I’ve never hacked anything before. I was just messing around with different movements on the iPhone and I got carried away. I found a bug on old software on at&t network. Then it worked on the iSo 5.1 as well. I remember how to do it. I have documented pictures of most of it. I think my phone is untraceable. My voicemail is 31761060023173786220 and I changed my dads number to a 18 digit number and it’s listed as unknown. It’s interfering with other phone systems and I’m reporting this to help you understand what I just did. I believe I just hacked the at&t network and possibly the iPhone. I’m 19, it was an accident. I’m also reporting this for a possible job with apple. I can send pictures. My cell number still works at 3176106228 it might work as with the first number I listed, but I believe it’s only outgoing calls.
    Please respond with your opinion on the situation – thanks
    Colin Havens

6. carla says:

I have “lost” safari on my Apple computer. It shows I have updated Safari software installed – but we cannot locate Safari anywhere! Help!