Untethered Jailbreak for Apple TV iOS 4.4.4 with Seas0nPass
If you’ve been holding off on the Apple TV 2 4.4.4 update for an untethered jailbreak, you can now update the device without worry. A new version of Seas0npass has been released to to untether the Apple TV’s unique iOS 4.4.4 build, the tool remains extremely easy to use and supports most of the 3rd party plugins, including last.fm, XBMC, RSS feeds, and more.
Download Seas0nPass Untethered Jailbreak for Apple TV 4.4.4
As you may have guessed, the latest version of Seasonpass uses the same untether from the newest redsn0w iOS 5.0.1 jailbreaks.
Despite many similarities, Apple continues to not label the Apple TV 2 build as iOS 5 for the device, and continues to release builds as version 4. Apple TV OS v 4.4 brought a variety of new features to the device, but most notable are AirPlay mirroring (fun with the iPhone) and the addition of several live video feeds and trailers, along with bug fixes.
Using Seas0nPass to Jailbreak Apple TV 4.4.4 Untethered
Before proceeding, update the Apple TV 2 to the latest 4.4.4 build, update iTunes, and download the appropriate Seas0npass version from above. You’ll also need the aluminum Apple TV remote and a microUSB cable to connect the Apple TV to the computer to perform the jailbreak.
- Launch Seas0npass and click the “Create IPSW” button
- Allow the custom IPSW to build and then connect the Apple TV to the computer via the USB cable, leaving the power cable disconnected
- Wait for the front light on the Apple TV to flash rapidly, then point the AppleTV remote at the device, following the onscreen instructions to place the ATV into DFU mode (hold both the MENU and PLAY/PAUSE buttons for 7 seconds)
- iTunes will now launch and begin restoring the Apple TV 2 to the custom jailbroken IPSW, the restore will be confirmed and the ATV2 is now jailbroken
- Verify the Apple TV 2 is jailbroken by looking for the red “FC” logo in the lower right corner of the screen, shown in the screenshot below
Enjoy the newly jailbroken Apple TV 2, it’s untethered meaning you don’t have to connect it to a computer to boot or do anything funky. If you run into any troubles, check out the support pages of Firecore, the makers of the Seas0npass app.