Mac Setup: MacBook Pro with Twin 24″ Displays
Ready for another featured Mac setup? This time around we’re featuring the great desk setup of Toby R. , a web developer who has a dual display setup and some great under-the-desk cable management. Let’s jump right in and learn more about this setup:
What hardware makes up your Mac setup?
- MacBook Pro 13″ Retina (Mid 2014 model)
- Intel i5 2.6GHz
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB SSD
- Intel Iris Graphics
- Dual Dell Ultrasharp 24″ U2414H Monitors
- Bose companion 3 speakers
- Logitech Performance MX mouse
- Logitech easyswitch K811 (Backlit)
- iPad mini 3
- PS Vita (Wifi only)
- Two twelve south HiRise stands for iPhone and iPad mini
- Anker 5 port USB wall charger
- iPhone 6 Plus (taking the picture)
- WD mycloud storage (for time machine backups)
- Apple Watch Sport
Future additions to the setup:
- LED lights behind the monitors
- Two 27″ 2k monitors (as this is the max my macbook can handle)
The underside of the desk shows the cable management:
What do you use your Apple setup for?
I use my Apple gear for website development (which is my everyday job), and editing YouTube videos for my channel (TRMHD) in my spare time.
Do you have any particular apps which you can’t do without?
My favourite most used apps are:
- Brackets (a free open source HTML editor)
Do you have any tricks you want to share?
There’s an app called Subler for Mac, which if you have a movie on your computer but don’t have any of the meta data, you load it into Subler, and it fills in all the information for that movie, and gives it cover artwork, just as if you had bought it from iTunes. This is very helpful and handy if you’re as OCD about your iTunes library as me!!!