iTunes 12.3 Released with iOS 9 Support & Bug Fixes
Apple has released iTunes 12.3, which includes fixes for various bugs and support for the just released iOS 9 update. The update is recommended for all iTunes users and is quick to install.
Users can find iTunes 12.3 available to download now from the App Store Updates tab, or they can trigger the update by relaunching iTunes itself.
Additionally, all users can choose to download the latest version from the Apple website here.
Release notes accompanying iTunes 12.3 for Mac are as follows:
This update to iTunes adds support for iOS 9 and is designed for OS X El Capitan. It also:
– Improves Apple Music accessibility with VoiceOver
– Resolves a problem that prevented reordering of songs within Up Next
– Fixes a problem where some radio stations did not appear within Recently Played
– Addresses an issue where songs you loved on iOS did not appear as loved on iTunes
– Supports two-factor authentication to secure your Apple ID
This update also includes improvements to overall stability and performance.
Though the release notes mention that iTunes 12.3 is designed for OS X El Capitan, though the prior version seems to run on the current build of OS X El Capitan GM candidate 1 just fine.
Additionally, the prior version of iTunes does actually work with iOS 9 as well (at least for installing with IPSW), but presumably this version includes complete support for the new software update available for iPhone, IPad, and iPod touch.