OS X 10.11.6 Update for Mac Released
Apple has released OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 for Mac users. The minor point release system software update includes small bug fixes and security updates.
Additionally, Mac users running prior versions of Mac OS X system software including Yosemite and Mavericks will find a separate “Security Update 2016-004” release available for their machines.
Updating a Mac to OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
The easiest way to download and update to MacOS X 10.11.6 is through the App Store. Always back up a Mac before beginning any software update.
- Go to the Apple menu and choose “App Store”, then select the “Updates” tab
Installing a software update requires the Mac to reboot.
More advanced users can also choose to download and use a Combo Update to install OS X 10.11.6 if desired.
OS X 10.11.6 Release Notes
Release notes accompanying OS X 10.11.6 are as follows:
• Resolves an issue that may prevent settings from being saved in accounts with parental controls enabled.
• Resolves an issue that prevented some network devices, such as speakers and multifunction printers, from accessing SMB share points.
• Improves startup time when connecting to a NetBoot server.
• Resolves an issue that may prevent startup from a NetBoot image created with an OS X v10.11.4 or OS X v10.11.5 installer.
• Resolves an issue that may cause Active Directory authentication to take longer than expected.
Separately, Apple has also released iOS 9.3.3 update for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.