iOS 14.1 & iPadOS 14.1 Update Released to Download
Apple has released iOS 14.1 for iPhone and iPod touch along with iPadOS 14.1 for iPad.
iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 are the first major point release updates for iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 and include a variety of bug fixes and improvements, making it recommended for all users who are currently running a prior iOS 14 or ipadOS 14 release.
How to Download iOS 14.1 & iPadOS 14.1 Updates
As usual, backup the iPhone or iPad to iCloud, iTunes, or to a Mac with Finder before beginning any software update.
- Open the “Settings” app on iPhone or iPad
- Go to “General”
- Choose “Software Update”
- Choose to “Download & Install” the iOS 14.1 or iPadOS 14.1 update
The point release update should install relatively quickly, and as usual will reboot the device to complete installation.
Optionally, users can also update to iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 by using a computer, either with iTunes, or a Mac running Catalina, Big Sur, or later with Finder. This obviously requires connecting the device to the computer via a USB cable.
Finally, advanced users can update their devices with IPSW firmware files, using the links below to apply the firmware updates via Finder or iTunes.
iOS 14.1 IPSW Direct Download Links
- iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XS
- iPhone 11, iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8, iPhone 7
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPod touch (7th generation)
iPadOS 14.1 IPSW Direct Download Links
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (4th generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 11-in. iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- 10.5-in. iPad Pro (1st generation), 12.9-in. iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad (5th generation), iPad (6th generation)
- iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation)
- 10.2-in. iPad (7th and 8th generations)
- iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2
- 9.7-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
- 12.9-in. iPad Pro (1st generation)
iOS 14.1 Release Notes
Release notes accompanying the iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1 release are as follows:
“iOS 14.1 includes improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone.
– Adds support for 10-bit HDR video playback and edit in Photos for iPhone 8 and later
– Addresses an issue where some widgets, folders, and icons were showing up in reduced size on the Home Screen
– Addresses an issue where dragging widgets on the Home Screen could remove apps from folders
– Fixes an issue where some emails in Mail were sent from an incorrect alias
– Fixes an issue that could prevent incoming calls from displaying region information
– Fixes an issue on some devices where selecting zoomed display mode and an alphanumeric passcode could result in the Lock Screen emergency call button overlapping with the text input box
– Addresses an issue where some users were occasionally unable to download or add songs to their library while viewing an album or playlist
– Fixes an issue that could prevent zeroes from appearing in Calculator
– Resolves an issue where streaming video resolution could temporarily be reduced at the start of playback
– Fixes an issue that prevented setting up a family member’s Apple Watch for some users
– Resolves an issue where the Apple Watch case material was displayed incorrectly in the Apple Watch app
– Addresses an issue in the Files app that could cause some MDM-managed cloud service providers to incorrectly display content as unavailable
– Improves compatibility with Ubiquiti wireless access points
– Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
Separately, there are also small software updates available for watchOS and HomePod.
Sorry to say I am I’m in need for iPhone suddenly I downgrade my life like just using computer to reach people because my iPhone X has been bricked since 4 days no communication with anyone as well as family can anyone can help me from here care to chat plz any technician of hard ware and software from Apple company ur such help and support will be highly appreciated as we know do good for others god will automatically will do good for so plz help me plz plz plz try to solve my problem plz I don’t have enough cash to buy a new phone with in days I am trying since 5 days to restore my iPhone but not getting done
Try to put your iPhone into DFU mode and restore from there with iTunes on a computer
Not mentioned was the consequence for my Mac. After installation, I got the message on my Mac:
A software update is required to connect to the (name of my iPhone) iPhone.
Do you want to download and install this update now?
Use of this software is governed by the original Software license agreements that accompany the software.
Thank you for providing the information. It is important to me to know what I am installing.
The BIGGEST problem ‘extremely rapid battery drainage’ has still not been addressed yet. The complaint of tens of thousands of users
It’s really bad on my 7th gen iPad only a few months old. Wasn’t happening with IOS 13 up to 13.7 release. Used to charge overnight and good for a day, now charging in afternoon as well. That is a significant loss of battery life with this release. As usually Apple is hush on this even as so many are complaining.