iOS 14.4 & iPadOS 14.4 Update Released to Download for iPhone & iPad [IPSW Links]
iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 have been released by Apple for eligible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices.
The software updates include various bug fixes resolving issues like the lagging keyboard, security enhancements, and minor feature adjustments, and are therefore recommended to all iPhone and iPad users running prior versions of iOS 14 or iPadOS 14.
Separately, Apple released updates for tvOS 14.4 and watchOS 7.3 have been made available, though MacOS Big Sur 11.2 is yet to arrive.
How to Download & Update iOS 14.4 or iPadOS 14.4
- Open the “Settings” app on iPhone or iPad
- Go to “General”
- Go to “Software Update”
- Choose “Download and Install” for iOS 14.4 or iPadOS 14.4
Rebooting the device is necessary to complete installation of the new system software.
Optionally, users can also choose to install the software update through iTunes on a Windows PC or older Mac, or by using Finder on macOS Big Sur or Catalina on newer Mac models.
More advanced users can also use IPSW firmware files to install the software updates onto their eligible devices, which also requires using iTunes or Finder.
iOS 14.4 & iPadOS 14.4 ISPW Direct Download Links
We’ve broken the IPSW download links into iOS and iPadOS links for easier access:
iOS 14.4 IPSW for iPhone and iPod touch
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone SE – 2nd generation 2020 model
- iPhone SE – 1st generation original model
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPod touch – 7th generation
iPadOS 14.4 IPSW
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro – 2020 model – 4th generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro – 3rd generation – 2018 model
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro – 2nd generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro – 1st generation
- 11-inch iPad Pro – 2020 model – 2nd generation
- 11-inch iPad Pro 2018 model – 1st generation
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad 6th generation
- iPad 7th generation
- 10.2-inch iPad – 8th generation
- iPad Air – 2nd generation
- iPad Air – 3rd generation
- iPad Air 4th generation
- iPad mini – 5th generation
- iPad mini – 4th generation
iOS 14.4 Release Notes
Release notes included with iOS 14.4 and iPadOS 14.4 are as follows:
iOS 14.4 includes the following improvements for your iPhone:
– Smaller QR codes can be recognized by Camera
– Option to classify Bluetooth device type in Settings for correct identification of headphones for audio notifications
– Notifications for when the camera on your iPhone is unable to be verified as a new, genuine Apple camera in iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
This release also fixes the following issues:
– Image artifacts could appear in HDR photos taken with iPhone 12 Pro
– Fitness widget may not display updated Activity data
– Typing may be delayed and word suggestions may not appear in the keyboard
– The keyboard may not come up in the correct language in Messages
– Audio stories from the News app in CarPlay may not resume after being paused for spoken directions or Siri
– Enabling Switch Control in Accessibility may prevent phone calls from being answered from the Lock Screen
Release notes for iPadOS 14.4 are mostly the same, minus iPhone specific features and issues of course.
Users running prior versions of iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 are encouraged to install the updates, particularly if you’ve had any difficulties with those releases. As you can see, the laggy keyboard issue is apparently directly addressed, for example.
Aside from iPadOS and iOS updates, Apple also issued MacOS Big Sur 11.2 update for Macs along with updates for tvOS 14.4 for Apple TV and watchOS 7.3 for Apple Watch.