MainMenu – Mac Maintenance Made Easy
System Maintenance is probably everyones least favorite part of owning a computer. It’s one of those necessary chores to keep everything running smoothly, but it tends to be such a pain in the butt that we often put it off. Enter MainMenu, a great little app that adds an item to your menubar that allows you to run all sorts of maintenance scripts, all from one easy to use and centrally located place. This really is a must have for Mac owners.
MainMenu is discrete but powerful, the pulldown menu includes:
- * typical maintenance scripts
- * permission and disk repairs
- * spotlight index rebuilding
- * cleaning of system caches and browser caches
- * various finder tweaks
- * cleaning of log and temporary files
- * removal of those pesky DS_Store files
- * disable Dashboard and clear its cache
And more! There’s also a nice little log window so you can follow the progress of each script and task. So fear not the task of system maintenance, it is now made as easy as a few menu clicks. And did we mention that MainMenu is the best price of all, free? Yes, this much power is free! Get it now!