15 Must Know Firefox Shortcuts
For many years I was a die-hard Safari fan, you couldn’t have pulled me away from it… that is, until Firefox came along.
Firefox is speedy, secure, and entirely cross platform compatible, and is now my primary web browser of choice. One of the better ways to improve the user experience with any application is by learning some essential keyboard shortcuts, so here are fifteen such shortcuts for Firefox.
Whether you are new to Firefox or a long time user, this list of keyboard shortcuts will likely be useful to you.
Must Know Firefox keyboard shortcuts
- Spacebar (page down)
- Shift + Spacebar (page up)
- Command + D (bookmark current page)
- Function + F5 (reload current page)
- Command + T (open new tab)
- Command + W (close current tab or window)
- Control + Tab (navigate forward through browser tabs)
- Control + Shift + Tab (navigate backward through browser tabs)
- Command + K (go to search box)
- Command + L (go to address bar)
- Command + Enter (auto-complete URL within address bar)
- Command + = (increase screen text size)
- Command + – (decrease screen text size)
- Command + F (find text)
- Control + N (find next occurrence of text)
These commands are aimed at Mac OS X, but they will work on Linux and Windows versions of Firefox as well, simply use the Control key in place of the Command key where appropriate.