How to find iPhone Baseband version

Dec 5, 2010 - 22 Comments

find iphone baseband Knowing what baseband version your iPhone is using is crucial to seeing if you can unlock your iPhone with ultrasn0w or other unlocks.

Find your iPhone Baseband Version

Checking your baseband is really easy, grab your iPhone and do the following:

• Tap on “Settings”
  • Tap on “General”
  • Tap onto “About”
  • Slide down and look next to “Modem Firmware” – these numbers will be your baseband version

For instance, in the screenshot the baseband version is 05.14.02 which makes it compatible with the ultrasn0w unlock for iOS 4.2.1.

We’ve discussed what iPhone baseband is before, it’s just your iPhones cellular modem firmware and you’ll need to know what it is if you plan on using an iPhone unlock.

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in iPhone

1. Vihaan says:

how do i get my baseband without unlocking the phone?
    when i start it, it says i need to insert a valid sim card inside. without which i cannot do anything on my phone.

2. Jen says:

You can get a valid sim card at your local carrier. You don’t have to activate it after purchase, just stick it in and connect your phone to iTunes. The phone will activate and you can chec in Settings –> General –> About.

3. aly says:

what if my baseband is missing.?how can i find it.?please help me

4. sad face says:

i need help.
    i have an iphone 3gs. I jailbroke and updated to ipad baseband 6.15.00 in order to unlock with ultrasn0w.
    and its not working. im on fw 4.2.3 and the ultrasn0w is 1.2.3.
    please i am gonna throw my iphone out the window pretty soon. how do i unlock my iphone :(

5. Asif Nisar says:

@Sad Face

Please don’t thorw your iPHONE just send it to me :P

6. bee says:

ma iphone s crashed(stuck n recovery mode) so how can i know baseband ?
    plz help me….!

7. Petr says:

hey bro, can you please tell me how to do that? I have an Iphone 4g with IOS 5 i jst upgraded , i dont know my baseband.it now says i need a valid sim card without pincode to activate device… i dont even understand this

8. ayzee says:

my iphone 3gs won’t proceed off the config cuz i don’t have wi-fi and it isn’t connecting to itunes! i just upgraded to ios 5.1. what should i do?

• Spb says:

Hey Ayzee,
      did u get an answer for it,
      I had the phone working fine, but today i upgraded to OS5.1.1 and its not going beyond config.I also dont have Wifi and in itune, it says no sim card.

Please share.

9. James says:

10. Badia says:

Can anyone help me out? i have a iphone 3gs use to be on baseband 05.16.02 or 05.16.04. i have jb but it not showing any baseband now and itune will not let me do a custom restore with any ipsw files/ it also restarts itself. im on 5.1.1 anyway at all to fix this ? my phone 3gs thank you

11. Ivy says:

Hi I need help. A friend of mine sent me a an iphone 4 which he already used and its locked by their carrier. I cant get a simcard frm his carrier since hes in Canada and I am here in Singapore(which i cant find a good technician to unlock the phne so i can use it with the local sim card…
    I asked myfriend and he doesnt knw about much about this phone…
    HELP PLS!!! :(