iTunes 10.5 Released, Download Now to Prepare for iOS 5 & iCloud
Apple has released iTunes 10.5 in preparation of iOS 5 and iCloud. The latest version is a major update that includes full iCloud support, in addition to the highly anticipated Wi-Fi syncing feature, which allows anyone to sync an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes wirelessly as long as they’re on the same wifi network.
iTunes 10.5 is required for installing and using iOS 5.
Download iTunes 10.5
There are several ways to get the latest version of iTunes:
- Download iTunes 10.5 directly from Apple.com (Windows & Mac OS X)
- Check Software Update in Mac OS X
- Update directly within iTunes 10.4
If you choose to download through Apple, keep in mind that you don’t need to fill out an email address, and you can just click on the big blue “Download Now” button to get iTunes.
The release notes attached to Software Update are as follows:
What’s new in iTunes 10.5
• iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
• Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
• Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
• Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.
• Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they’re both on the same Wi-Fi network.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.
Stay tuned, iOS 5, iCloud, and Mac OS X 10.7.2 are soon to follow.