New iPhone “Dream” Commercial Features Do Not Disturb Mode

Jan 2, 2013 - 9 Comments

Do Not Disturb on iPhone

A new iPhone TV commercial titled “Dream” is running that focuses on the excellent Do Not Disturb feature of iOS, which allows you to block out certain hours where notifications, sounds, and alerts won’t bother you unless they’re from a pre-selected important list. The advertisement features the professional tennis player Williams sisters, playing table tennis against the narrator, which as other recent iPhone commercials, is Jeff Daniels voice, who says the following:

“Ever had a really cool dream? I’m having one right now. I don’t want to be disturbed, and I won’t, because before I went to sleep, I set this. Now my iPhone knows not to ring unless its important. Because disturbing this would just be… wrong.”

The ad is embedded below to view, and is airing on primetime TV now.

Ironically, the “Dream” commercial started airing right at the same time that a prominent Do Not Disturb bug came to light, whereby the feature wasn’t turning itself off automatically as scheduled to. That bug has been acknowledged by Apple and it resolves itself on January 7.

If you haven’t configured Do Not Disturb yet, here’s how to set it up the right way with schedules and exclusion lists, it works the same on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in iPhone, News

1. USATT coach says:

Their tennis strokes are to big for table tennis . . . they wouldn’t stand a chance against the best ten year olds in the USA.

2. Kr00 says:

Why Apple would use two brats to flog their wares, is beyond me. I loath those two spoilt prima donnas.

3. vdiv says:

The Do Not Disturb feature is really nice. No wonder though that I have been missing phone calls all day yesterday.

4. vulpix says:

Lol, while my dreams do involve black women, it’s not these two… more like Gabrielle Union :)… er… and I have an android anyway.

5. Robbertvdd says:

Playing table tennis with two women who (in my opinion) aren’t attractive at all? How incredibly boring. If I had those kind of dreams I’d set an alarm on my iPhone to go of every 15 minutes all night long to prevent I’d start dreaming.

6. Ben says:

It would be ironic if the bug *disabled* Do Not Disturb rather than leaving it on…

7. sydney says:

LOVE the commercial…lovely ladies!

8. Sherry says:

That does not look like her, her breast is no where big enough

9. Dick Meli says:

Not sure why this page attracted so many Williams haters. These two stunning black bombshells are among the greatest athletes of all time. This ad captures their individual character as well as providing stunning views of their beauty at its peak. If I had this dream, I would be smiling for a week. I was around when the original VW Bug adds came out, have been paying attention since then and think this may be the best TV ad of all time. I have sent this page around to all of my buddies to their delight and gratitude.