Mac Setup: The Desk of a Security Tester
This weeks featured Mac setup arrives from Don W., a security researcher and developer who has a great workstation with six displays and some interesting additional hardware. Let’s dive in and learn a bit more!
What do you use your gear for?
Security testing and script development.
What hardware is included in your Mac setup?
Primary Apple hardware
- Mac Mini (2010 model)
- MacBook Pro (2008 model)
- Power Mac G5 (2004 model) – main board blew out so this became a Hackintosh
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPad 3
- Apple Watch
- Apple Wireless Keyboard & Magic Mouse
- HP 8300 SFF for Solaris 11
- HP 8300 SFF for Windows 10
- Raspberry Pi for Wireshark Appliance (like so)
Other hardware bits
What software do you use most often?
VMware has multiple VM’s running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 2012 Server, and Linux.