Check iCloud Email from a Windows PC or Anywhere via Web

Jun 27, 2016 - 9 Comments

Check iCloud Mail from Anywhere

Many Apple users don’t know this, but you can access your iCloud.com email address from anywhere. That means you can read, write, forward, and save drafts of any iCloud emails, and it’s all done through the web. The great thing about this approach is that allows a user to check and use iCloud.com email without requiring a Mac, iPhone, or iPad, since the web based client is accessible from any device on any operating system, a Windows PC included.

The only thing checking iCloud Email remotely requires is a somewhat modern web browser, which can be running on basically any operating system. Aside from that, as long as you created an iCloud.com email account at some point in time with the associated Apple ID, it will be available to access and use from just about anywhere.

How to Access iCloud.com Email from Anywhere via the Web

1. From any web browser, go to http://icloud.com and log in with the Apple ID / iCloud email
  2. Go to iCloud dot com

3. Click on the “Mail” icon once logged in
  4. Go to iCloud web mail

5. iCloud Mail will load, offering full access to the iCloud email account including the inbox, drafts, sent, archives, Trash, junk mail, VIP lists, and any other mail folders
  6. iCloud mail on web

The iCloud Mail web client is full featured, you can send, reply, forward, trash, flag, archive, and compose new email messages directly from the iCloud.com Mail website.

Composing email in iCloud web mail

Because iCloud Mail is connected to your Apple ID, you’ll even have full access to your contacts list and address book, with auto-complete and everything.

This is really useful for many reasons, particularly if you’re away from your iOS devices or Mac but you still want to check your iCloud email, but it’s also very helpful because it’s the only way to check iCloud email from a PC, whether that PC is running Windows or Linux, or something else.

Do keep in mind if you have two-factor authentication setup for Apple ID you’ll need to verify each iCloud login from a new web browser as a security measure.

As you’re likely discovering, the iCloud.com website is impressively full featured, with complete access to email, contacts, notes, reminders, calendar, iCloud Photos (and the only way to download photos from iCloud directly on a PC too), documents saved in iCloud, and even Pages, Keynote, and Numbers apps that run within a web browser. The web based services are just undeniably useful, give them a look.

Posted by: Paul Horowitz in Tips & Tricks

1. Terry says:

I wish they had Messages on iCloud.com, now THAT would be nice!

2. Run Buh says:

“but it’s also very helpful because it’s the only way to check iCloud email from a PC, whether that PC is running Windows or Linux, or something else.”

It’s definitely nice to use just about anything with a browser to get to your iCloud stuff, but you can also use IMAP with just about any major email client out there (for just the email part, not the notes, etc.).

3. Bill says:

I believe an Apple ID is not enough. You must use your iCloud account to sign in on an Apple device at least once. You will not have access to most features until then. Even if for only 2 minutes — but an Apple device it must be.

4. Oum Sam Ang says:

My phone have been locked by iCloud

5. Davinia Barlow says:

I would like to thank you for not believing in me you turn my I phone off can’t get emails as that went straight to my phone I have a new phone know and guess what I can get my emails to set up my new iPhone so I will have to send it back thanks for all your help not I am totally Disgusted with your company’s if you wish to phone me at my home you may Davinia Barlow I have phone your company’s many times and if was not my phone how come I phone you all the time and you phone me on my land line so it is my phone please put it back on

6. Oladunjoye Adebayo says:

Please, I used an iCloud email for my Apple ID. Since the Apple ID was blocked, I’ve stopped receiving emails on the iCloud mail, and I need the mail to reset my password. So please does anyone know how to access just the iCloud mail alone?

7. Dixie says:

I’m having the exact same issue…. it sends the rescue email to my iCloud email account, which happens to also be my AppleID! I’m not able to reset my password because I cannot remember the answers to my security questions. HELP! Is there not another way to reset the password?