Change the Gmail Notifier mail check frequency
You can adjust Gmail Notifier’s mail checking frequency interval by accessing an advanced preference in the application. In this example we will change the email check interval to 3 minutes.
* Click the Gmail Notifier menubar icon
* Hold down Command+Option keys and click on “Preferences” in the drop down menu
* Enter the following information exactly in the Key and Value boxes:
* Note that AutocheckInterval is case-sensitive, the second number value is the minutes between checking.
* Click the “Set” button
* Quit and re-open Gmail Notifier
By default Gmail Notifier does not have a value set for AutocheckInterval, which can lead to extended lengths of time between email checking (hours if you’re away from your computer, and regularly 30+ minutes while at your Mac). You can also just manually adjust this setting by adding the value in a Plist editor.
Thanks for this post, this info should really be in the Gmail Notifier Help.
What is the minimum value? Will it accept fractional values like 0.5?
You can also just set a key in the plist located in ~/Library/Preferences/com.google.GmailNotifier.plist. Either use the plist editor from xcode or use do a defaults write with the key Autocheckinterval, type is Dictionary, Value is whatever you wish. You can also use the plutils or even just nano it if its not a binary yet.