Mac Setup: Computer Science Students Desk
This weeks Mac setup comes to us from Ilter C., a computer science student who uses his Apple gear for web and iOS development. Hardware shown includes:
- MacBook Pro 15″ mid-2010 Hi-Res, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD
- External 500GB hard disk connected to MacBook Pro
- LG Flatron IPS225 21.5″ LED monitor
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi and Wacom Bamboo Stylus
- iPod Classic 160GB & iPod Shuffle 2GB
- Apple Wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse
This is about as good as it gets for a student setup (or any setup really), there’s plenty of the right gear for both work and play.
On a side note, for anyone with a MacBook Pro or Air as their base machine do yourself a favor and get an external display and at least a mouse or trackpad. I know we go on about this often, but the productivity gains from docking to a larger display can’t be overstated.
Send us your Mac and Apple setup shots with some hardware details to email@example.com, we are super backlogged with awesome setups but we’ll try to post the best of them!