13 of the Best iOS Tips & Collections for 2013
2013 was a big year for iOS, seeing the release of several new iPads, iPhones, and perhaps most noticeable of all, iOS 7 and it’s dramatic interface overhaul. To wrap up the year, we’re going to offer a roundup of our thirteen favorite articles on iOS and it’s accompanying devices. No, these certainly weren’t the most popular articles published by OSXDaily, but because they’re mostly tips lists and collections, they’re all knowledge-packed with tons of information that is sure to teach everyone something new.
- 4 essentials everyone should know when getting started with iOS 7 – while some of iOS 7 stayed the same, some of it looked very different… these are some absolute essential tricks to familiarize yourself with the new experience
- 5 simple usability tips to improve iOS 7 – a few adjustments can go a long way in improving usability and readability, and that’s exactly what these tips aim to do
- Make your own beautiful abstract wallpapers in iOS – a simple guide for using Camera app and Snapseed to make your own gorgeous wallpapers that look fantastic on all iOS devices
- 6 tricks to speed up iOS 7 – if you felt that installing the new update slowed down your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, this is for you
- 8 ways to increase the battery life of iOS 7 devices – sure the whizz-bang flashy eye candy features of iOS 7 look great, but they can also negatively effect battery life
- Boosting the battery life of an iPad Air or iPad Mini Retina – the two new iPads launched this year can get a nice boost to their already impressive battery lives by toggling a few Settings adjustments
- 10 tips for using iOS Mail smarter and faster – email can be a burden, but these tricks are practically guaranteed to make you more productive when emailing from the mobile world of iOS
- Safari keyboard shortcuts for iOS devices with external keyboards – if you use a Bluetooth keyboard with an iPad, these are must-knows
- The ultimate Siri commands list – did you know that Siri could do this much?
- 95 funny Siri commands that are sure to make you laugh – keep entertained for hours by asking Siri a bunch of silly questions and commands, you’re sure to get a chuckle out of the responses
- iOS 7 vs iOS 6 visual comparisons – just how big of a change was iOS 7? Compare many visual elements and apps between 7 and iOS 6 to get an idea
- The iOS 7 Jailbreak from Evasi0n – a new version of iOS was followed by a new untethered jailbreak, for those interested in that sort of thing
- Reasons why you should NOT jailbreak – not sure if you should bother with the jailbreak or not? These are good reasons to avoid it, and it’s particularly valid for those who are less tech savvy
Think we’re missing anything? Let us know in the comments. And don’t miss our 13 for 2013 Mac OS X tip roundup as well!