Get GreenPois0n RC5 Jailbreak to work in Mac OS X 10.5
Update: GreenPois0n RC5 3 for Mac includes built-in 10.6 and 10.5 support. This release eliminates the need for the hack below.
GreenPois0n RC5 2 is out for Mac but it requires Mac OS X 10.6 in order to run, right? Wrong! Thanks to this hack from cmdshift we can get GreenPois0n RC5 running in Mac OS X 10.5.8, so those on older Mac OS X versions will be able to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 using GreenPois0n RC5 too.
How to get GreenPois0n RC5 to work in Mac OS X 10.5
This involves tweaking system files, proceed at your own risk!
• Download and extract libcurl.4.dylib 6.0.0.zip to your Desktop
• Launch Terminal.app (Located in /Applications/Utilities/) and execute the following commands:
• First we’ll backup libcurl4 by renaming it
sudo mv /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/libcurl.4.dylib-backup
• Now you’ll move the newly downloaded libcurl file from your Mac OS X Desktop to /usr/lib
sudo mv ~/Desktop/libcurl.4.dylib /usr/lib/
• Launch GreenPois0n RC5 and it should work fine!
cmdshft discovered that GreenPois0n RC5 requires libcurl.4.dylib version 6.0.0 whereas Mac OS X 10.5.8 has 5.0.0, this hack works by replacing libcurl4 with version 6.0.0.
I haven’t verified this yet (currently on a Mac with 10.6.6) but cmdshift knows what he’s talking about and got it working on his Hackintosh, so this should work fine on all versions of Mac OS X 10.5.8. Enjoy your jailbreak!