iTunes 10.3 Download is Out, Includes iTunes in the Cloud Beta
Apple has released iTunes 10.3, an update that includes aspects of iCloud including a beta version of iTunes in the Cloud. What does that mean to you?
iTunes 10.3 in the Cloud Beta has two main features:
- iTunes will automatically download new music, apps, and book purchases to all of your devices seamlessly and without syncing (or, if you want, you can sync manually like before)
- You can now review purchase history and download past purchases individually
Download iTunes 10.3
There are four ways to get your hands on iTunes 10.3 and try out the iCloud beta features:
- Direct Download from Apple (74mb DMG file – Mac OS X only)
- Get it from iTunes home page (Mac or PC)
- Update from within iTunes
- Download from Software Update
I got impatient so I went with the direct download link, but you may have luck elsewhere.
And no, you do not need to be running iOS 5 or iOS 5 beta to take advantage of iTunes in the Cloud beta, it works fine with iOS 4.3.
[…] need to download iTunes 10.3 which includes iCloud beta support, and you will also need to use the same iTunes / Apple ID on the […]
doesn’t work for my iphone running 4.2.8 on big ed either but works on my ipad 2 from Verizon
“…it works fine with iOS 4.3.”
But not with VZW 4.2.8
Works fine on my 1st gen iPad and my son’s 3rd gen touch, both on 4.3…..
I have apps and books listed to tick in the sync but no music. Wonder if it’s because I’m in the UK?