macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Update Available with Bug Fixes
Apple has released macOS Sierra 10.12.1, the update includes a variety of bug fixes and feature enhancements for Mac users running the Sierra operating system.
Aside from the Mac, Apple has also released iOS 10.1 update for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, as well as minor software update for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
According to Apple, the macOS 10.12.1 update improves the security, compatibility, and stability of Macs, and is therefore recommended for all users running macOS Sierra. The brief release notes included with the update mention the following specific issues:
– Adds an automatic smart album in Photos for Depth Effect images taken on iPhone 7 Plus
– Improves the compatibility of Microsoft Office when using iCloud Desktop and Documents
– Fixes an issue that may prevent Mail from updating when using a Microsoft Exchange account
– Fixes an issue that caused text to sometimes paste incorrectly when using Universal Clipboard
– Improves reliability of Auto Unlock with Apple Watch
– Improves security and stability in Safari
It’s unclear which of the other problems with Sierra have been addressed with the macOS Sierra 10.12.1 update, but presumably many of those issues have been resolved.
How to Update to macOS Sierra 10.12.1
For Mac users currently running macOS Sierra, you can install the latest version of 10.12.1 by:
- Back up the Mac with Time Machine before beginning
- Go to the Apple menu and choose “App Store”
- Under the “Updates” tab locate “macOS Sierra Update 10.12.1” and choose to Update
Updating to macOS 10.12.1 requires a reboot.
Separate from Sierra 10.12.1 Apple also released a href=”https://osxdaily.com/2016/10/24/ios-10-1-update-ipsw-download/”>iOS 10.1 update, tvOS 10.0.1 update, and watchOS 3.1 update.