iOS 14.7 Update Released for iPhone, Download Now
Apple has released the final version of iOS 14.7 for iPhone users. The software update includes bug fixes and some minor improvements, most notably allowing MagSafe Battery Pack support for the iPhone 12 lineup.
iPadOS 14.7 is not yet available for iPad but presumably will be issued soon as well. However, watchOS 7.6 for Apple Watch, tvOS 14.7 for Apple TV, and a HomePod update are available. macOS Big Sur 11.5 remains in beta and a second release candidate build has been released for that.
Update: iPadOS 14.7 and macOS Big Sur 11.5 are now available as of July 21, 2021.
How to Download & Update to iOS 14.7
Always backup iPhone to iCloud, iTunes, or Finder on Mac prior to installing any system software update.
The simplest way to install an iOS update is via the Settings app:
- Open the “Settings” app on iPhone
- Go to “General”
- Choose “Software Update”
- Select to “Download and Install” for iOS 14.7
The update weighs around 1GB and will require the iPhone to restart to complete installation.
Users can also install iOS updates through the Finder or iTunes by using a computer, or by using IPSW files, which is considered more advanced.
iOS 14.7 IPSW File Direct Download Links
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE – 2nd Generation
- iPhone SE – 1st Generation
- iPod touch – 7th Generation
iOS 14.7 Release Notes
Release notes included with the iOS 14.7 download are as follows:
iOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone:
-MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
– Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
– Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
– Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
– Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
– Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
– Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
– Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
– Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
iOS 14.7 may be one of the last major point release updates for the iOS 14 series of system software, as iOS 15 remains in active beta development and is set to be released this fall.
First, thank you very much for all the knowledge you offer, the content is well organized in a way that is understandable and accessible. Easy and pleasant to navigate all around.
I am unable to initiate a download of the IPSW files for ios14.7 for an iPhone XS. Can you please verify the link or perhaps email me another path? That would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you kindly, awaiting your reply.