Mac Setups: MacBook Pro & Apple Cinema Display

Apr 16, 2011 - 12 Comments

This Mac setup features a MacBook Pro running with the lid closed and connected to an Apple Cinema Display. Personally, I like to leave the screen of my MacBook Pro open for the additional real estate, but it’s hard to argue that this setup looks great. Don’t miss the iPhone 4 and iPad too.

Found via Flickr

Posted by: William Pearson in Mac Setups

1. Sleepyfurious says:

I’ve done this before. But, some intensive task accumulate heat, noting that with this setup cut air flow out of bottom surface, then shorten the batteries life especially when sunlight shining through my bedroom’s tinted windows onto this unibody case (it’s sometime reach 40 C for each battery with Temperature Monitor). However, I am living in tropical zone for cause of this extreme temperature. Please excuse my poor English

2. B0bby says:

Which background is that?
    And the lid is closed. This means when running heavy apps that it’s going to be very hot.

3. xf says:

As long as the MacBook Pro is raised to allow airflow it is fine to run them in clamshell mode like this.

Great looking setup, but I don’t know about making coffee next to $4000 in computer equipment.

4. KirinDave says:

The background is one from the the Refined Desktop Collection.

As for the heat issues, I now have a 2011 Macbook pro which seems to have the operating temperature problems licked. Even with the older model, setting the system on the aluminum foot of the monitor was enough to diffuse the heat.

5. dinadana says:

I read this post only because of the beautiful photo!)

6. Scott Frost says:

What kind of stand is holding up the ipad?

7. B0bby says:

Thanks for the wallpaper but yours says: ” CODE ” how come ?

• KirinDave says:

Because I use Hyperspaces.app to help label my workspaces. I have 2 rows of 3 workspaces, “Collect, Correspond, Code”. The top row is for personal use, the bottom row is for work use.

8. Will says:

Love this.

9. George says:

What kind of desk is that?