iOS 5.0.1 Released [Download Links]
iOS 5.0.1 has been released to the public, the update addresses the battery problems that were associated with iOS 5 and the iPhone 4S, but also brings multitasking gestures to the iPad 1 and resolves several other bugs and issues. The update comes as build 9A405 and is highly recommended for all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch users running the newest iOS.
Download and Update to iOS 5.0.1
There are several ways to get iOS 5.0.1:
- OTA Preferred method: download through Over-the-Air update by tapping on “Settings” > “General” > “Software Update” and then tapping on “Download and Install”
- Download from iTunes: launch iTunes and you will get an update notification
If you’d rather download and install the firmware yourself and you know how to use IPSW files, use the links below.
iOS 5.0.1 Direct Download Links
These are direct download links from Apple’s servers. Right-click and “Save As” to avoid problems:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad 1
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPod touch 3rd gen
- iPod touch 4th gen
For those wondering, GSM is generally AT&T and CDMA is generally Verizon.
The brief release notes are as follows:
– Fixes bugs affecting battery life
– Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
– Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
– Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
From our own experience, iOS 5.0.1 makes a significant difference in battery life. How does it stack up for you?