Mac Setups: The Art Directors Desk

Jul 28, 2012 - 10 Comments

The Art Director desk and Mac setup

This weeks Mac setup comes to us from Claus F., an art director from Denmark who uses all the Apple hardware for creating commercials, leaflets, tickets, DVD art, magazines, ads, and other graphics work.

Hardware shown from left to right includes:

• MacBook Pro 1,1 (2006) – OS X 10.6.8
  • iPad 1 (2010) WiFi/3G – iOS 5.1
  • iMac 21.5″ (2010) 3.06 GHz, 16GB RAM – OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
  • Apple Magic Mouse & Wireless Keyboard
  • Logitech Ergonomic mouse

Not shown is an iPhone 4.

It’s good to see some of the original Intel MacBook Pro hardware still around and kicking despite not supporting the latest two OS X releases, it’s really a testament to the build quality of Apple hardware. The iPad stand looks like a miniature easel, I haven’t seen one of those before but it looks quite nice and raises the iPad to a perfect level for something like AirDisplay.

Want your Mac setup featured? Send in a good picture or two with a list of hardware and a short description of what the gear is used for to osxdailycom@gmail.com

Posted by: William Pearson in Mac Setups

1. Matt says:

I wish my office desk looked like that, I have a boring old Dell running Windows XP with a 17″ display :\ I always bring in my MacBook Air but it’s an all PeeCee world at work unfortunately.

2. Amir says:

Dumb question maybe but how do you show military time on the iPad like that?

3. Tom says:

I like the iPad easel…Nice touch….thx for sharing ;-)

Great thread…

4. Alberto I says:

A real AD should have at least a numeric keyboard (or keypad)……

5. Alex says:

That’s a really nice Mac Setup! I sent mine in over a month ago and wnated to ask, how long does it take for your Mac Setup to be posted, because I sent mine over a month ago and it hasn’t been posted. Will it ever be posted? Thanks!

6. Claus F. says:

Hi All and thank you for the comments. Really nice to have som feedback on my setup. :)

My website (although in Danish) features my home setup as well.

Thank you all again.

7. Steve says:

Glad to see I’m not the only one still rocking MBP 1,1! Though mine now runs a hybrid drive now, transformed its performance, 28 seconds to boot is way cool!