iOS 8.2 Released for iPhone, iPad [IPSW Direct Download Links]
iOS 8.2 has been released for all compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. The new release includes bug fixes and feature improvements, and is required for iPhone users who wish to use an Apple Watch when it is released on April 24, as the new iOS version ships with the Watch companion application.
Download & Update iOS 8.2
The simplest way to download and install iOS 8.2 is through the Over The Air mechanism on the iPhone or iPad:
- Go to the Settings app and choose “General” followed by “Software Update”
Always back up your iOS device before installing an iOS update.
Optionally, iTunes users can update to iOS 8.2 by connecting their iPhone or iPad to a Mac or PC, launching iTunes, and updating from there.
iOS 8.2 IPSW Download Links
For advanced users who prefer to install iOS updates through IPSW firmware files, you can download the latest versions of appropriate firmware for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch from the links below. These are hosted directly on Apple Servers, for best results right-click and choose “Save As”, be sure the file has a .ipsw extension.
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5S CDMA
- iPhone 5S GSM
- iPhone 5 CDMA
- iPhone 5 GSM
- iPhone 5C CDMA
- iPhone 5C GSM
- iPhone 4S
- iPad Air 2 6th gen Wi-Fi
- iPad Air 2 6th gen LTE Cellular
- iPad Air 5th gen LTE Cellular
- iPad Air 5th gen Wi-Fi
- iPad Air 5th gen CDMA
- iPad Mini 3 China
- iPad Mini 3 Wi-Fi
- iPad Mini 3 LTE Cellular
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi 3rd gen
- iPad 3 LTE Cellular GSM
- iPad Mini CDMA
- iPad Mini GSM
- iPad Mini Wi-Fi
- iPad Mini 2 LTE Cellular
- iPad Mini 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad Mini 2 CDMA
- iPad 4th gen CDMA
- iPad 4th gen GSM
- iPad 4th gen Wi-Fi
- iPad 3 Cellular CDMA
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi 2,4
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi 2,1
- iPad 2 3G GSM
- iPad 2 3G CDMA
Installing and updating iOS through IPSW requires the usage of iTunes.
iOS 8.2 Release Notes
Here are the release notes for iOS 8.2, verbatim from the notes that accompany the download in the Settings app:
This release introduces support for Apple Watch, and also includes improvements to the Health app, increased stability and bug fixes.
Apple Watch support
• New Apple Watch app to pair and sync with iPhone, and to customize watch settings
• New Activity app for viewing fitness data and achievements from Apple Watch; appears when Apple Watch is paired
• Available on iPhone 5 and later
Health app improvements
• Adds the ability to select the unit of measurement for distance, body temperature, height, weight and blood glucose
• Improves stability when dealing with large amounts of data
• Includes the ability to add and visualize workout sessions from 3rd-party apps
• Addresses an issue that may have prevented users from adding a photo in Medical ID
• Fixes units for vitamins and minerals
• Fixes an issue where Health data wouldn’t refresh after changing data source order
• Fixes an issue where some graphs showed no data values
• Adds a privacy setting that enables turning off tracking of steps, distance and flights climbed
• Increases stability of Mail
• Improves stability of Flyover in Maps
• Improves stability of Music
• Improves VoiceOver reliability
• Improves connectivity with Made for iPhone Hearing Aids
• Fixes an issue in Maps that prevented navigating to some favorite locations
• Addresses an issue where the last word in a quick reply message wasn’t autocorrected
• Fixes an issue where duplicate iTunes purchased content could prevent iCloud restore from completing
• Resolves an issue where some music or playlists didn’t sync from iTunes to the Music app
• Fixes an issue where deleted audiobooks sometimes remained on device
• Resolves an issue that could prevent call audio from routing to car speakers while using Siri Eyes Free
• Fixes a Bluetooth calling issue where no audio is heard until the call is answered
• Fixes a timezone issue where Calendar events appear in GMT
• Addresses an issue that caused certain events in a custom recurring meeting to drop from an Exchange calendar
• Fixes a certificate error that prevented configuring an Exchange account behind a third-party gateway
• Fixes an issue that could cause an organizer’s Exchange meeting notes to be overwritten
• Resolves an issue that prevented some Calendar events from automatically showing as ‘Busy’ after accepting an invite
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
Hi. Im allan from the Philippines. Im having problems with my ipad mini regarding updating/restoring to iOS 8.2. Instead of updating my device thru wifi or itunes, I tried using the link in your website.
The reason for using the link in your website is because I have no internet at home so I downloaded the software in a wifi area then update my iPad later at home. But after the restoring, I cant access my iPad becasue I think the update is registered to someone else. The user is firstname.lastname@example.org. Well that’s what i saw in iTunes and on my iPad. I tried restoring in iTunes again and again but i have the same result. Right npw I cant use my iPad. Since I got the source from your website, Im sure you can help me fix this issue. Please you have to help me fix this since it’s from your website. Im waiting for your reply asap!
The IPSW files are from Apple, they are not registered. If you put in the wrong email address you would need to change it.
Updating iOS requires an internet connection to verify with Apple
Any chance you guys will think about posting a link to a torrent with all the firmwares compiled? I run a repair shop and it takes forever to download them individually from the links.
Since I downloaded IOS8.2 on my IPad, some of my apps are
Taking an inordinate amount of time to download and then freeze.
What’s the problem?
if I want to restore my IPad with this software to just updating, can I do it with this? and if I can then how?
Worked for me on iphone5 CDMA
Thanks Worked Perfectly
sir how about that if you updated the ios the itune said that the firmware is not compatible please help me thanks
happened to me as well :( please someone help
Still no iCloud Drive browser?
How do I delete the Watch app from my iPhone? I don’t want this on my iPhone
apple has a feedback section on their website. go there an complain about not being able to remove Iwatch. enough complaints maybe they will do something about it.
Email on iPhone 4S does not work after downloading
Downloaded update 8.2 for iPhone 4s and now email does not work
I’m having the same problem. I can receive emails but can only send them if I’m in using wi-fi. I’ve contacted my provider and the last person I had helping me told me it was because of the latest update, which was the IOS 8.2
I find good that they’re trying to fix their health app, since it doesn’t do work that well since the launch. But in other terms, do the latest updates have been downgrading the resolution from mobile cameras or is it just me? Im currently using an iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.2
The iOS software updates should have no impact on camera quality from the Camera app
My camera is the same on my iPhone 5.
Where is the links ?
Refresh the page to access the IPSW download links for iOS 8.2