Download iOS 12.3 Update for iPhone and iPad Now [IPSW Links]
Apple has released iOS 12.3 for iPhone and iPad. The final stable version of iOS 12.3 includes a handful of bug fixes, along with AirPlay 2 support and a redesigned TV app.
Separately, Apple has released macOS Mojave 10.14.5 for Mac, along with watchOS 5.2.1 for Apple Watch, tvOS 12.3 for Apple TV.
How to Download & Install iOS 12.3 on iPhone or iPad
Updating to iOS 12.3 on iPhone or iPad is easiest from the Software Update section within the Settings app. Before beginning any software update, always backup the iPhone or iPad to iCloud or iTunes before starting the update process. Backups allow you to restore your data just in case something goes wrong. Don’t skip making a backup.
- Open the “Settings” app in iOS
- Go to “General” and then go to “Software Update”
- Choose “Download & Install” when iOS 12.3 update is available
The iPhone or iPad will automatically reboot to complete the update process. How long it takes to complete updating to iOS 12.3 depends on a variety of factors, including the current iOS version, the device itself, and the speed of internet service.
You can also choose to update to iOS 12.3 with iTunes on a computer.
Downloading & Installing iOS 12.3 with iTunes
Another option is to connect an iPhone or iPad to a Mac or Windows PC with the latest version of iTunes and to update to iOS 12.3 from iTunes. Once again, be sure to backup your device before beginning.
- Connect the iPhone or iPad to a computer with iTunes
- Backup the iOS device, then choose to Update system software when the iOS 12.3 update is shown as available
Whether you update to iOS 12.3 from iTunes or iOS Software Update is mostly a matter of preference and convenience.
iOS 12.3 IPSW Download Links
Advanced users can choose to download and use IPSW firmware files for installing iOS updates, though this will require a computer with iTunes and a USB cable.
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch model 1st generation
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch model 2nd generation
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch model 3rd generation 2018 model
- iPad Pro 11-inch 2018 model
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch
- iPad Pro 9.7‑inch model
- iPad 9.7-inch 2017 model 5th generation
- iPad 9.7-inch 2018 model 6th generation
- iPad Air 3 2019 model
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air 1
- iPad mini 5 2019 model
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 2
- iPod touch 6th generation
iOS 12.3 Release Notes
Release notes accompanying iOS 12.3 are as follows:
iOS 12.3 includes support for AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and features a redesigned Apple TV app. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
– AirPlay 2 now supports sharing videos, photos, music and more from your iPhone and iPad directly to your AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV
– One tap playback automatically plays your chosen TV show or movie on the last screen you used based on time and location
– Siri Suggestions to watch movies and TV shows now include an option to AirPlay
– Intelligent suggestions are all done on-device so your personal information stays private
Apple TV app
– The Apple TV app features an all new design that highlights expertly curated collections and personalized recommendations
– Apple TV channels offer subscriptions to HBO, Showtime, Starz, and more, available to watch directly in the Apple TV app, online or off
– Subscriptions to Apple TV channels can be shared with up to six family members, with no new apps, accounts, or passwords needed
– New release movies are available to buy or rent in the Apple TV app, including the full catalog of 100,000+ movies and the largest selection of 4K HDR titles
– A new dedicated kids section helps you discover editorially-handpicked shows and movies safe for kids of all ages
– The Apple TV app can now intelligently suggest playing to the most likely Apple TVs or AirPlay 2-enabled TVs nearby
This update also includes bug fixes and improvements. This update:
– Adds the ability to follow a magazine from the Apple News+ catalog browsing view
– Apple Music’s For You tab now updates multiple times a day suggesting music based on themes like genres, artists, and moods you love
– Fixes an issue that could prevent Apple TV Remote from pausing video, controlling video, or changing volume on supported receivers
– Addresses an issue that could cause calls made using Wi-Fi calling to drop
– Fixes an issue where song information from a connected iPhone may not appear in a car’s display
Aside from iOS 12.3, Apple also released updates for other Apple system software, including macOS Mojave 10.14.5 for Mac, watchOS 5.2.1 for Apple Watch, tvOS 12.3 for Apple TV, and other small updates to HomePod, Safari
installed iOS 12.3 update for iPhone5s
After updated latest version 12.4.1 sound problem on my call volume
How could I fix this
I can’t install the iOS 12.3.1 after downloading it why is that???
I also can’t download or access Apple Store ????
Dear Apple community,
I followed the instructions but opening “software updates” I got the answer like “your software is updated 10.3.3”
I would to upgrade my IPad to 12.3 or 13
How do you disable in app purchases on version 12.3 it’s not the same as previous versions where you went to general then to restrictions but it’s not the same on version 12.3 can anyone help thanks
I recently did factory reset to my IPhone 6 because my son entered wrong passcode till it gets disable. After factory reset it installed with the latest version of IOS 12.3
After factory reset, all my apps got deleted. Now I am trying to login to App Store but I’m unable to login with my Apple ID (I am giving correct credentials). After entering the correct credentials I clicked on Sign in link it’s trying to signing in but not signed in successfully. I tried this for more than 15 times but no use. On this sign in screen I waited for max 20 mins even though it was trying to sign in but when I go back and come to the sign in page it again asking for credentials.
When I try to install any app after clicking on GET button it keep on rotating but downloading was not even started.
I am not sure what is the problem here.
12.3 download started today and on my iPhone 8 plus it says it will take 1 day to download while on my ipad mini 4 it will take 17hours. why?
Your internet connection is slow and those are the speeds that it will download at.
12.3 worked fine on my XS Plus. (work phone) I then tried on my personal phone, an iPhone 8 Plus. It got stuck on the screen with the logo and progress bar. It has been like this for four hours. I can’t seem to force a reboot and the home button is dead…like it has no power. I’m hoping it will resolve itself when the battery dies
It went well on my iPhone XS and on my Apple Watch series 4 too. I did, however notice some changes not mentioned anywhere: the wallet interface was tweaked once again, this time removing the place holders for merchant logos (introduced by iOS 12) and prominently featuring the list of recent transactions (previously only the last transaction was immediately visible upon tapping a card, while access to the rest of the list was achieved by tapping on the ellipsis … button on the top right)/ Also, a new settings section called ‘express transit’ was added both in the wallet app and in the watch app’s wallet & Apple Pay section. This new setting allows to select a card and enable payment on public transit systems without authenticating or double-clicking anything (i.e., by simply holding the iPhone or Apple Watch close to the NFC reader).
12.3 update bricked my iPad Pro 9.7in Wifi/Cell. Black screen, nothing else. Just got off the phone with Apple Support. They were very polite and helpful, but couldn’t get my iPad working. I guess we’ll have to wait to see what they come up with for a fix. Others have reported the problem to Apple.
I installed iOS 12.3 on my iPad and it went without a hitch, was pretty fast too about 20 minutes to complete the update.
I have not tried updating my iPhone X yet though, it’s on an older iOS 12 because I can’t accept *any* downtime on the phone. I wish Apple would introduce the iOS updates onto an update partition, I read that Android does it that way and it makes it so it’s basically impossible to crash the update? I don’t know, sounds good if true!