How to Delete Downloaded Videos from iPhone & iPad
Are you unable to keep up with all the videos you’ve downloaded from various apps installed on your iPhone or iPad? In that case, you may be excited to find out that Apple has provided its users with the option to manage them all from one place.
Nowadays, a lot of apps, including Apple’s own services like Apple TV+ and Fitness+ allow you to comfortably download videos for offline viewing. While this may be helpful for watching videos uninterrupted while you’re not connected to the internet, it comes at the expense of your iPhone or iPad’s physical storage space. The more videos you download, the lesser space you have for other purposes like software update files, music, photos, etc. Therefore, when you’re done watching these videos, it’s important to remove them from your device to avoid running into low storage problems.
How to Delete Downloaded Videos on iPhone & iPad to Free Up Storage Space
The particular option that we’re about to discuss seems to show up only on devices running iOS 14/iPadOS 14 or later. So, make sure your device is updated before going ahead with the following steps.
- Head over to “Settings” from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- In the settings menu, scroll down and tap on “General” as shown in the screenshot below.
- Here, scroll down and tap on the “iPhone Storage” (or iPad Storage) option located just below the CarPlay settings to proceed.
- Now, you’ll be able to see how much free space you have on your iPhone or iPad. In the same menu, under Recommendations, you’ll find the option to review the videos you’ve downloaded. Simply tap on “Review Downloaded Videos” to continue.
- Here, you’ll be able to see all the videos you’ve downloaded from different apps along with their sizes. Tap on “Edit” to manage these videos.
- Now, just tap on the red “-” icon next to the video that you want to remove. You’ll see the “Delete” option show up on the right. Tap on it to confirm.
That’s it. You can do the same for other videos that you want to delete.
If you’re unable to find this option to review downloaded videos under Recommendations, it means that the space taken up the videos you’ve downloaded is insignificant enough to make any difference to your iPhone’s storage space even if you delete them.
Of course, this is pretty much the same as deleting downloaded videos from the respective apps. However, this method is far more convenient since you can access the content you’ve downloaded from pretty much any app installed on your device, all from one place. Plus, you get to see exactly how much storage space each of these videos takes up.
A lot of users tend to forget about the videos they’ve watched offline and they keep piling up over time, consuming a considerable amount of storage space. It’d be nice if apps and streaming services had the feature to automatically delete downloaded videos after they’ve been watched to avoid these issues altogether.
Hopefully, you were able to make use of the easy way to delete all the downloaded videos from your iPhone and iPad. Were you able to find this option under Recommendations? How much storage space did you free up by doing this? Do share your personal experiences and also voice out your valuable opinions in the comments section down below.