iPadOS 16.3 Update Available for Download
Apple has released iPadOS 16.3 update for iPad users with compatible devices.
iPadOS 16.3 includes support for Security Keys, and otherwise focuses on bug fixes and security enhancements, and is therefore recommended for all iPad users to install on their devices.
Separately, Apple also released iOS 16.3 for iPhone, macOS Ventura 13.2, macOS Monterey 12.6.3, macOS Big Sur 11.7.3, updates to watchOS and tvOS, and iOS 15.7.3, iPadOS 15.7.3, and iOS 12.5.7 for older iPhone and iPad models.
How to Download & Install iPadOS 16.3 Update on iPad
Be sure to backup to iCloud, iTunes, or Finder before performing system software updates.
- Open the “Settings” app
- Choose “General”
- Go to “Software Update”
- Select “Download and Install” to begin updating the iPad to iPadOS 16.3
iPadOS 16.3 requires the iPad to restart to finish installing the update. The download is roughly 400mb-1GB depending on the device being installed upon.
Users can also opt to install iPadOS 16.3 using Finder or iTunes, or by IPSW firmware files downloaded directly from Apple.
iPadOS 16.3 IPSW Download Links
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 6th generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 5th generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 4th generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 3rd generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
- 11-inch iPad Pro 4th generation
- 11-inch iPad Pro 3rd generation
- 11-inch iPad Pro 2nd generation
- 11-inch iPad Pro 1st generation
- 10.5-inch iPad Pro
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad 6th generation
- iPad 7th generation
- iPad 8th generation
- iPad 9th generation
- iPad 10th generation
- iPad Air 3rd generation
- iPad Air 4th generation
- iPad Air 5th generation
- iPad Mini 5th generation
- iPad Mini 6th generation
iPadOS 16.3 Release Notes
Release notes included with the download for iPadOS 16.3 are as follows:
iPadOS 16.3 – Restart Required
This update introduces Security Keys for Apple ID, and includes other enhancements, bug fixes, and security updates for your iPad.
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
● Security Keys for Apple ID allow users to strengthen the security of their account by requiring a physical security key as part of the two factor authentication sign in process on new devices
● Support for HomePod (2nd generation)
● Fixes an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes created with Apple Pencil or your finger may not appear on shared boards
● Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond properly to music requests
Some features may not be available for all regions or on all Apple devices. For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: