iOS 16.3 Update Download Available Now
Apple has released iOS 16.3 for iPhone. The iOS 16.3 update includes support for physical security keys, a Black History Month celebratory wallpaper, support for the second generation HomePod, and a variety of other smaller changes, along with bug fixes and security enhancements. The update is recommended for all eligible iPhone users to install.
Separately, Apple released iPadOS 16.3 for iPad, macOS Ventura 13.2 for Mac, macOS Monterey 12.6.3, macOS Big Sur 11.7.3, tvOS 16.3 for Apple TV, watchOS 9.3 for Apple Watch, and a series of software updates for older iPhone and iPad models including iOS 15.7.3, iPadOS 15.7.3, and iOS 12.5.7.
How to Download & Update to iOS 16.3
Don’t forget to backup iPhone to iCloud or with Finder or iTunes before starting the system software update.
- Open the “Settings” app on iPhone
- Go to “General”
- Select “Software Update”
- Choose to “Download and Install” for iOS 16.3
Installing iOS 16.3 requires the iPhone to restart to complete the update.
You can also choose to update iOS 16.3 using a computer with Finder on the Mac, or iTunes / Apple Devices on a Windows PC.
Optionally, advanced users can use IPSW files to update iOS firmware if they so choose.
iOS 16.3 IPSW Download Links
Firmware for iOS 16.3 is available directly from Apple:
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone 11
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE 2nd Generation
- iPhone SE 3rd Generation
iOS 16.3 Release Notes
Release notes with iOS 16.3 are as follows:
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
– New Unity wallpaper honors Black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month
– Security Keys for Apple ID allow users to strengthen the security of their account by requiring a physical security key as part of the two factor authentication sign in process on new devices
– Support for HomePod (2nd generation)
– Emergency SOS calls now require holding the side button with the up or down volume button and then releasing in order to prevent inadvertent emergency calls
– Fixes an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes created with Apple Pencil or your finger may not appear on shared boards
– Addresses an issue where the wallpaper may appear black on the Lock Screen
– Fixes an issue where horizontal lines may temporarily appear while waking up iPhone 14 Pro Max
– Fixes an issue where the Home Lock Screen widget does not accurately display Home app status
– Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond properly to music requests
– Resolves issues where Siri requests in CarPlay may not be understood correctly
Additionally, Apple also released updates to the Mac as macOS Ventura 13.2, macOS Monterey 12.6.3, macOS Big Sur 11.7.3, iPadOS 16.3, a set of software updates for older iPhone and iPad models including iOS 12.5.7, iOS 15.7.3, iPadOS 15.7.3, tvOS 16.3 for Apple TV, and watchOS 9.3 for Apple Watch.