How to Loop Video on iPhone
Have a video on iPhone you want to play repeatedly in a loop? There are a few ways to do this, but we’ll focus on the simplest method here, which involves looping a single video using a trick in the Photos app. This will work to loop any video that is either on your iPhone or saved to your iPhone and accessible in the Photos app.
How to Loop Videos on iPhone
This method for looping a video on your iPhone relies on a workaround using the Slideshow feature.
- Open the Photos app on iPhone
- Navigate to the video you want to play in a loop and tap on it to open it within Photos app
- Tap on the Sharing/Action button, it looks like an arrow flying out of a box
- Tap on “Slideshow” from the options available at this menu
- Tap on “Options” in the corner
- Within the Slideshow options, toggle the “Repeat” button to the ON position
- Tap on “Done” to finish, the video will play in a loop repeatedly until you manually exit with a tap
This works for any video that has been recorded by your iPhone camera, or saved to your camera roll, or saved to your device, as long as the video or movie is accessible in the Photos app on the device.
This works the same on iPad too but we’re focusing on iPhone here.
As mentioned, this works with any video that is available within the Photos app, but you can loop YouTube videos on iPhone too by using the YouTube app if you’d like to do that.
Additionally, if you have a Live Photo, you can change the Live Photos effect to make it loop endlessly, or bounce (loop back and forth) repeatedly too.
What do you think of this slideshow approach to loop a video on iPhone? Do you have another preferred method for looping a video on iPhone? Let us know your thoughts and experiences in the comments.
I’ve no slideshow option
Hello, thank you for all the helpful tips you provide us with.
However, this one doesn’t seem to be working for me.
iPhone XR, iOS 16.3
I don’t see “Slideshow” option once I enter Sharing menu.
On iOS 16, click the three dots in the top right corner.